Strange low fuel scenario

slow_matt

Hi,

Just a new one on me, went to go and fill up this morning with diesel as the range was showing 45 miles as the warning light had come on last night. It then It beeped loads when I started it, the light went off, the gauge goes up and the range goes to 115 miles.

Nothing in the manual, any ideas?

Cheers

Matt

Range ( AFAIK) is calculated on last so many miles. That said, I find that anything in the reserve range is not accurate.

Its calculated on your average MPG and fuel left.

For example

Drive hard and average 25mpg - means you may have 50 miles left and putting the fuel light on

Drive economically and get 50mpg and have 100 miles left

The light comes on at 60 miles on my car.

Adam

Quite likely the light came on when cornering. Once on it stays on until it resets itself which it does after being turned off for a few hours. Overnight it "lost it's memory" so,in the morning when you drove slowly, it would start using the fuel calculation just for the morning. based on the measured amount of fuel in the level tank.

On the other hand you might have local pixies who top up your tank at night - if so, can I park outside your house please? :sun: :sun: :sun:

Well when I started it was in the red, loads of beeps and it went up to quarter of a tank, all whilst stationary!

I thought it may e some strange 'reserve' tank dropping its load in there.

Must be pixies!