Think I'm Going To Cancel My Order - Storm Blue no longer a colour to order.

whiteswan

Hi

Ok now I have the money back............the dealer was Claybank in Eccles in Manchester.

I dealt with Ian (sales person who took my order and seemed very professional and friendly - I even sent him an email after I had asked for my deposit money back thanking him for his help and time - but have received no reply )

And I also dealt with a person whom I think was the Sales Manager and his name was Henry, he was the gentleman whom I asked to process my deposit refund as they could not supply my car in the colour ordered - things seemed to go downhill during our conversation when I asked for my deposit money back.

He was fully aware of my health issues and urgent need for a vehicle - however when I asked for my money back he said he was not in for the next 2 days and would issue a cheque to me as soon as he could. At this point I reminded him that I had paid the deposit in cash and I would be happy to go along and collect it over the next day or two. Hr refused to do this so I awaited the cheque - which of course (as detailed at the beginning of this thread) was never issued/sent to me.

Because of the reluctance/delay in returning my deposit money I have now lost out on another vehicle - and possibly the ability to get around for the next few months.

But onward I go with my search..................................Its been stressful !

Dave

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about all this trouble you've been having. Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me that it's Claybank. Fits in with the experiences of others I'm afraid. Helpful for pre-sales, then a different attitude once they have your money.

They're my nearest dealer, but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You'll get much better service at Simpsons Colne or Hobin in central Manchester.

Best of luck with your search - I really hope you find the right car.

Yeah, best of luck, Dave.

So pleased you named the dealer. Doing so will hopefully prevent someone else getting the same terrible service that you endured.

Regards.

Mike.

I was in two minds about it to be honest - but the more I realise the predicament they have left me in - the more annoyed I am getting. I wouldn't even buy a loaf of bread from this dealership - let alone a £30,000 car.

I suppose the way to look at it is that I had a lucky escape - imagine spending that money and only then realising that they were unwilling to be of any further help...................

Looks like I am going to have look at another marque as I need a car asap....what a mess !

Dave

Dave,

Would you care to name and shame the original dealer? I know a lot of potential purchasers (me included) use the site before taking the plunge. Regardless of whose fault the original **** up was, their efficiency of returning your deposit seems a joke. Skoda UK do hold a reasonable amount of power over the dealers and based on previous topics they have in the past been quick to resolve issues like this. A call to the dealer from Skoda UK might be enough to get it sorted.

I feel your pain (literally), going off topic - have you tried Pregabalin? PM me if you want more details.

Hi

I've not had Pre gablin but have had tramadol , gabapentyn, and amitrixaline - working towards morphine patches I think - will mention it to the doctor on next visit - thank you for the suggestion pal.

Dave

Sorry to hear about all this trouble you've been having. Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me that it's Claybank. Fits in with the experiences of others I'm afraid. Helpful for pre-sales, then a different attitude once they have your money.

They're my nearest dealer, but I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You'll get much better service at Simpsons Colne or Hobin in central Manchester.

Best of luck with your search - I really hope you find the right car.

Oh no - sounds like its NOT a one off then...............should have done my homework a bit better I think !

Dave

Dave. Assuming you are in the North West, give Alex Lawrie in Liverpool a try. They have a good reputation on the dealer's section of Briskoda. I am very picky over my cars and service in general. Have found Alex Lawrie very good to deal with. Always done what they should at service time, are easy to deal with, look after you post a sale and are prepared to negoitiate on price. You'll lose nothing by giving them a call (I dealt with Eamon if it helps). Thanks.