Removing a Fiscon - do I have to "de-code" the system?

Hi, unfortunately time has come to sell my vRS and move into the land of MPVs. I'm sure once the kids are a bit older I'll be back though, have loved the car coupled to the DSG.

Naturally my part-exchange evaluation didn't concentrate on any of the extras I've added (Fiscon, rear window shades, rubber boot mat and potentially the spare wheel, if I can source a repair kit to replace it with), so I plan on removing them and selling on ebay etc. My question is this:

When I self-installed the Fiscon, I then had to source someone with VCDS and have it coded into the car so that it worked with Maxidot and the steering wheel controls. If I remove it, will there be any errors flashing on the Maxidot saying it cannot find the bluetooth unit anymore, or will it be fine without recoding?

Cheers,

Nic

Im sorry I can't answer your question, however I would like to know where you are selling this as I certainly would be interested.

Scrub that I clearly didn't read the full post saying eBay D O H

Edited by Snoopy

Im sorry I can't answer your question, however I would like to know where you are selling this as I certainly would be interested.

Scrub that I clearly didn't read the full post saying eBay D O H

eBay hasn't been confirmed, as this is all a couple of months down the line unless Renault pull their finger out! I need to look at the forum rules again, as I thought I had to be a Freedom member to sell on here - if not, will let you know once I have a date for the handover!

I'm not particularly familiar with the Fiscon system, but if VCDS coding was required for the installation, then VCDS will be required again to remove those changes.

Without correct coding for what's installed, battery drain can occur. This is caused by CANBUS gateways/modules/controllers remaining open as they're expecting responses or communication with equipment that will no longer be there.

Heh - you are trading it in - take the unit out and don't worry about the coding! :notme:

When I got my car the CAN gateway was coded for telephone but the kit had been removed.

In theory, you will need to recode the CAN gateway but it is a 2 second job for anyone with VCDS.

Heh - you are trading it in - take the unit out and don't worry about the coding! :notme:

When I got my car the CAN gateway was coded for telephone but the kit had been removed.

In theory, you will need to recode the CAN gateway but it is a 2 second job for anyone with VCDS.

Did it say it couldn't find the phone on your maxidot/bolero?