Driver side mirror problem

Tonza

So ive been having this problem with my driver side mirror, there is no electric at all. The other mirror from passenger side works well.. i taked to my car to local dealer, and seemed like there

is somekind of unit broken inside the driver side door. So the question is, what is the exact name/part number for that unit? i was thinking to buy it second handed.. Thx :sun:

Edited by Tonza

The door control unit is the most likely cause. This is not available separately but is part of the window motor.

Does everything else work? Central locking, all the armrest switches, mirror heating, flashing LED, window.

If the mirror doesn't move left/right or up/down then it is unlikely to be a motor. The black/red wire is the common wire for the mirror motors.

Does the passenger side mirror work when the knob is turned to both the left position and right position? If not it could be the mirror switch.

everything else works apart from the drivers door central locking, it wont open if opened from passengers side :S not too sure about the mirror heating but i'll stick a led with a resistor on it to test and get back in due course

Well here is some information from my octavia..

-when i last time check the problem, seems like mirror heating and turning options/all the electrics from the drived side mirror is dead

-i taked off the mirror, checked the electrics and looks like its working fine, so no problem with mirror

-joystick/switch seems to be working too.. it just doesnt matter which mirror i try to turn/move, it always turning the passenger side mirror (L or R position)

-i taked it to local dealer, the conclusion was that there is unit broken. New part costed 259euros.... so i need to buy it second handed..

So could the problem be window motor? if i understanded right, the mirror heating should still work even if the window motor is broke? little bit confuse right now.. what exactly is the problem

Edited by Tonza

The control for the mirror is part of the door control unit. This is not available separately and is part of the window motor (where the big multiplug connects to).

If the black/red wire to the mirror is good, fuses F37/F38 are OK, then either corrosion has eaten away the connector pins on the door control unit or it has failed internally. Either way you will need an identical driver side window motor.

The control for the mirror is part of the door control unit. This is not available separately and is part of the window motor (where the big multiplug connects to).

If the black/red wire to the mirror is good, fuses F37/F38 are OK, then either corrosion has eaten away the connector pins on the door control unit or it has failed internally. Either way you will need an identical driver side window motor.

Ty for your reply! i know that my door control unit is broken, but didnt know that it is part of the window motor, so i think i need to order one of those then :happy: Already checked the fuses, no problem in there.. just need to check still those wires if there comes something up.

Edited by Tonza