Would you buy a new Octavia VRS...?

The Rapid may have a £17K list price but dealers will be discounting them heavily within a few months of them being launched.

Looked at them at the paris show on saturday, I think you may be right, lacks wow, looks so like the Octavia but being a lower model needs to be priced as such

1-2yr old FL cars will be bargains next year. Factor in an extended warranty and Bob's your mothers brother.

Unless it really must be a new car.

Edited by Aspman

i was sat in dealers the other day looking at cars that are bilt was 3 pages of dsg octavia vrs some with loads a extra bits on them but price is still a bit high on them for me yet

I picked up a new Octy hatchback petrol vRS (DSG) on 1st. June and I love it. Like many people I have a garage which is just 8ft. wide and with great care I can just get the Octy in. I need to fold in the n/s mirror (why the hell aren't electrically folding ones an option) and the brick buttress where the driver's door opens I've fitted with protective padding.

I'm glad I have the current model. I'm less than impressed with the Rapid, seems to have been built down to a price and the rear suspension is a backwards step c.f. the Octavia. The coming new Octavia is larger than the current one and if that means wider I doubt I could garage it. If I were you I would take advantage of the excellent deals available on the current model. Garaging may well be no problem for you and the foregoing of no consequence but I doubt you would be disappointed with the current model. Also with a sizeable discount on the current car I would expect the depreciation over the first two or three years to be less than the new model.

I picked up a new Octy hatchback petrol vRS (DSG) on 1st. June and I love it. Like many people I have a garage which is just 8ft. wide and with great care I can just get the Octy in. I need to fold in the n/s mirror (why the hell aren't electrically folding ones an option) and the brick buttress where the driver's door opens I've fitted with protective padding.

I'm glad I have the current model. I'm less than impressed with the Rapid, seems to have been built down to a price and the rear suspension is a backwards step c.f. the Octavia. The coming new Octavia is larger than the current one and if that means wider I doubt I could garage it. If I were you I would take advantage of the excellent deals available on the current model. Garaging may well be no problem for you and the foregoing of no consequence but I doubt you would be disappointed with the current model. Also with a sizeable discount on the current car I would expect the depreciation over the first two or three years to be less than the new model.

And the new one could be a lemon !!

With the existing model you are getting a known car at a realistic price