Rear Heated Screen.

leckman

Used the rear heated screen for the first time in anger this morning,noticed the top 3 elements were not demisting.

Upon closer inspection could see several breaks in each of the elements.Taking the car into A.Lawrie on Monday for them to inspect the screen and hopefully order a new one.

Was there a sticker on there at any point ? The sort that dealers put in the window !!!! I removed mine on a previous car and damaged the wires :-(

Damn!,I think you are right.Alex lawrie put their stupid stickers right at the top were the damaged elements are.The car was of course first registered to Lawries.

Did not manage to get in to the garage today will try tomorrow.

Anyone know a good way of removing a sticker without damaging the elements of the heated screen?

Heat gun or borrow the wife's hair drier taking care not to spot heat the glass and crack it

Once the sticker is warm and the adhesive has softened it will peel of easily

Regards

Mike

Anyone know a good way of removing a sticker without damaging the elements of the heated screen?

Heat it up slightly & pull the sticker in line with the elements helps too.

When I got my Yeti the dealer had put one on and it was so big it restricted the view and also it was at a very slight angle really really annoying :wall:

If I ever get a new car again ill ask for it not to be applied or charge for the advertising revenue :giggle:

Same reason they put their names on number plates - boils my p*ss :@

Does anyone ever buy a vehicle on the strength of it?

Could be wrong - but think it is a legal requirement to have the supplying garage and postcode stamped on the number plates.

Cheers.

The British Standard

The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. The British Standard also requires each number plate to be permanently and legibly marked with the following information:-

1. The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d) 2. The name, trade mark or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier 3. Name and postcode of the supplying outlet

Edited by BA Baracus

Yes, but not in prominent type please - I've bought legal replacement plates in the past where this info is present but discreetly in faint print - not in bold in your face like some dealerships - they are MY plates after all :)

The idea is that plates can be traced back to the supplier - not a blank canvas for dealers to promote themselves... Halfords of all people supply plates which are legal but their logo is small and discrete and the correct B.S. info is there but tucked into a corner

Lawries rang up yesterday to say the rear screen was in and could I bring the car in today ?.All now sorted,switched the screen on for 2 minutes to test and you could fry bacon on it!.Do not remember the old screen heating being as efficent.

Out in the Yeti this morning,gave the rear screen a wash n wipe and noticed the rear wiper has not been set up properly after being removed yesterday for the screen renewal.The wiper arm is not centred and is too far over to the offside.Will get it adjusted when it goes in for its 1' service.

Out in the Yeti this morning,gave the rear screen a wash n wipe and noticed the rear wiper has not been set up properly after being removed yesterday for the screen renewal.The wiper arm is not centred and is too far over to the offside.Will get it adjusted when it goes in for its 1' service.

It could have been set up like this to turn your bacon over :rofl:

Regards

Mike

Just found this in the manual. Didn't even know it was possible.

› Switch on the ignition.

› Push the operating level into the position » Fig. 36 five times in succession within 5 seconds.

› Switch off the ignition. After switching on the ignition again, the alternative park position of the rear window wiper is activated/deactivated.