ko4s turbo

dewaryboy

Got the chance of a ko4s turbo with manifold,intake pipe and manifold,I know I will need bigger injectors,oil water lines,but what power are they capable of?I have a funny feeling I may have to fit uprated conrods to fit this turbo.

Guy hasn't got back to me but checked his posts,he was planning to put it on his Leon cupra but has decided to sell the car,in his posts it states a hybrid turbo and when fitted he was hoping for 310 bhp and he was going to run the standard con rods,brave man.my plan is to buy if its genuine,buy a cheap aum,auq,engine,fit uprated rods,etc and one engine out and one in.

Well guy got back to me,turns out its a standard ko4 turbo,comes with manifold,downpipe,water and oil lines,don't know if its worth a punt at £270,just got a shark performance stage 2 map,would need it remapped again,decisions decisions.also comes with a samco intake pipe.

Edited by dewaryboy

I know I will need injectors and Maf,will also need to uprate fuel pump,I sort of thought I would need another remap,maybye shark will do me a deal:-),looked on eBay,most are going for £550-£600 and some don't come with downpipe,some on eBay are asking £290 alone just for the turbo.

Well guy has sent me some pictures of turbo,some things don't add up,no plate on the turbo,there's usually a small square plate rivited onto turbo with part numbers,also the pipe that comes off the actuator is attached to the side of the turbo,where does the pipe from the n75 go then,think its a cheap copy,what do people think?

I noticed there was no tag,still can't see the actuator hanging off,the guy that's selling it is a vw mechanic and he has assured me its genuine,I'm going to have a look at it,anything else gives it away as being a copy?