Coding Skoda Superb LED taillights in VCDS Byte 18 without loosing DRLs

rumiexile

I've just bought a LED taillights and I've programmed Byte 18 to with the following HEX. This simply solves the error code, but on the other hand I lost the functionality of front Daylight Running Lights.

So, I need the HEX code for Laurin Klement Version of the Skoda Superb which includes Seperate Front DRL's and LED taillights. Do you know anything close to this specs. Any setups with front conventional DRL's with LED taillight configuration. Help is appreciated.

74 Skoda Superb (SK461) Halogen / Xenon China China without DRL SL with BL-function LED SBBR 75 Skoda Superb (SK461) Halogen / Xenon China China without DRL / TFL-ABL SL without BL-function LED SBBR

Edited by rumiexile

Take a look at my thread "DRL's Lost" and it will explain why you have lost the DRL's, the code you can see is a mask, it is not really 00 or anything else in the drop down list.

Can't help you with what it should be with LED rear lights, but it will get you back to 'square one'

Because it is a mask nobody with just a scan will know what the code is.

HTH

20120927175409.jpg

Thanks alberg but as I said I need a setup with seperate DRLs and LED taillights. I can reenable my daylights through 1C coding but it doesn't solve the error message. You can see the hex list of Byte 18 here

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45124

Regards

• 7 months later...

I'm assuming you didn't purchase the genuine Skoda LED tail lights?

I am on the understanding that the genuine units are 'plug and play', the resisters are integrated into the clusters so that they can be fitted to models that left the factory with the standard non-LED tail lights (all models excluding the L&K) and work without showing the 'bulb-out' warning light on the dash.

Expensive though...

http://www.superskoda.com/de/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-limousine-original-Skoda-Autoas-LAURIN-KLEMENT-LED-tail-lights

s2-ledtl2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm assuming you didn't purchase the genuine Skoda LED tail lights?

I am on the understanding that the genuine units are 'plug and play', the resisters are integrated into the clusters so that they can be fitted to models that left the factory with the standard non-LED tail lights (all models excluding the L&K) and work without showing the 'bulb-out' warning light on the dash.

Expensive though...

http://www.superskoda.com/de/Skoda/SUPERB-II/Superb-II-limousine-original-Skoda-Autoas-LAURIN-KLEMENT-LED-tail-lights

s2-ledtl2.jpg

Is there non original led tail light for superb to start with in the first place? I have the original fitted but had resistor at the back.

Coding doesn't work. When I did vagcom, the front Drl went missing and the reverse light and fog light work on one side instead of two.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. I need to find a hex combination of Front Seperate DRL's + LED Backlights with no error code. Otherwise I have to get used to the yellow bulb on dash.

Can you not simply use VCDS to turn off the cold-start diagnostics (bulb failure warning system)?

See here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/279459-can-cold-start-diagnostics-be-turned-off-completely/