UK Rapid prices announced

krob2

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping the thread a bit I know, but I've just noticed that Seat have the Toledo with a £2500 deposit contribution so long as you take out their 7.9% Finance over 42 months. Give or take a bit that abut pays the finance on a high-end model, and more than covers it on a low-end one.

Now if Skoda offered that instead of £1000 off, they might shift a few more.

That said, I wonder who you can haggle more off over and above the deposit contributions...?

One thing to bear in mind with, let's say DtD is that (usually) their £XXXX off the list price is including the finance contribution.

The Toledo offer sounds like a PCP though, which is not always beneficial to every customer.

I will stand corrected on both points though.

I believe dealers are open to a bit of negotiation, the £1000 is a Skoda contribution if buying on finance and nothing to do with the dealer.

Which as Lee says ^^^ is included in the deal prices quoted online by people like DTD.

I'll continue to pay a little bit more on some cars and use a real dealer, because when I have a problem/question it's worth their while helping me out. :)

• Like 1

One thing to bear in mind with, let's say DtD is that (usually) their £XXXX off the list price is including the finance contribution.

The Toledo offer sounds like a PCP though, which is not always beneficial to every customer.

I will stand corrected on both points though.

Accepted, the discount is always included with DTD but surely if you can afford to buy it outright then you'd take the finance anyway to get the freebies and then pay it off incurring the minimum of costs? :) I'd suggest that £4000 would be an achievable discount on the Toledo overall.

Had that offer been around at the time I bought the Skoda, I might well have been persuaded to buy the Toledo.

For me, it's all about the monthly payments and naturally, a larger deposit means lesser monthly payments.

I find that Seats have a certain stigma attached to them anyway - a sort of a flashy boy-racer, maybe mid-life crisis kind of stigma, I dunno. :wonder:

Accepted, the discount is always included with DTD but surely if you can afford to buy it outright then you'd take the finance anyway to get the freebies and then pay it off incurring the minimum of costs? :) I'd suggest that £4000 would be an achievable discount on the Toledo overall.

Yep exactly. Some of the chaps on the Leon forum I also frequent have bought them on PCP and then paid of within the 14 day window. That way you get the full £4000 saving and don't have to pay any interest, so it works out cheaper than buying in cash without the deposit contribution.

• Like 2

Yep exactly. Some of the chaps on the Leon forum I also frequent have bought them on PCP and then paid of within the 14 day window. That way you get the full £4000 saving and don't have to pay any interest, so it works out cheaper than buying in cash without the deposit contribution.

Can't disagree with either of the above comments and if I was in the market to buy a new car, I'd definately look at something that had a good deposit contribution against it.

• Like 1