Octavia vrs alloys on fabia vrs

MTwedVRS

Hi there I was reading through a topic earlier saying to fit octavia vrs alloys on the fabia vrs you need tire size 205/40, the ones I'm looking at have 205/50 will this cause a problem or should it be ok?

are you looking at 17" or 16"?

if you buy the 16" (off an estate or very early hatchback) you can just stick with 205/45/16

if you buy 17" you'll need to go with lower profile tyres to keep the rolling radius the same and not affect your speedo too much.

205/50/17 will be too big I think most go for 40 profile

Also make sure all 4 tyres run the same profile and width as the different speed relayed to the Abs from different tyres can mess up teh ecu - £1500 later a local friend found this out the hard way. He was runnind snow tyres on the front 205/55/16 and 205/45/16 on the back.

google tyre size calculator and you can do all the maths you want

putting the figures in a 205/50/17 tyre is 7.77% bigger where the accectable tolerance is generally 2.5%

your speedo would under read to worrying levels - 70mph on the speedo being approx 76mph - so you'd lose your licence in no tm eunless you were massively concentrated on every journey.

I also reckon they'd be large enough to rub the arches

if you are gonig to buy that set of wheels - i'd go to the trouble of removing the 205/50 tyres and buying something of lower proifle that fits.

You can always recoup some of the cost by selling the 50 profiles if they have life in them (I did this in the past on the occasions I bought 16" Spiders and Golf Montreals with 205/55/16 tyres on)

Ok cheers for the help guys

205/50 is going to be "huge" in comparison.

205/40 would be what was fitted to the Ibiza FR with 17s. 205/45 is also possible, as maybe 215/40. Not heard of people running 215/45 but that might also be a way to do it.

Also IMO... Speedo overreads as standard by about 6-7%. 205/45x17 will reduce this error but it'll still overread slightly.

J.

Edited by vindaloo

As side from the speedo error & rubbing the arches, more importantly it`ll look absolutely positively ridiculous with big **** off tractor tyres.

Buy them, flog the decent octavia size tyres on here, then wait till your current tyres are shot and get new ones for the octavia wheels and wack them on. 17`s are not much more than 16`s and it`ll spread the cost.

Another option you could consider is buying your tyres from Blackcircles and taking them up on their pay monthly offer, even though you may have to pay slightly more than you would if you paid up front.

Also running 205/40/17

LD33.jpg

Is this standard ride height?