Superb GPS Aerial removal

m0gsi

Has anyone removed the aerial on their superb? I'm hoping it just pops off with a screwdriver but I'm worried about breaking something if this isn't the case. Vagcom is showing a shortcircuit on the GPS antenna so I'm assuming this is the best place to start.

Edited by m0gsi

Yes normally you only need to drop the rear an inch or two, but on a saloon that may not help you?

Haha no it's still quite a job! I'm tempted to just stick a cheap GPS antenna behind the glovebox and see how that goes but I'm waiting for my release keys to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've removed the unit and I can see the radio antenna connected but the gps antenna appears to be disconnected and I cannot find it's cable behind the unit. The connector I assume is the GPS antenna connector is next to the radio antenna connection at the bottom right of the unit.

I purchased this antenna but the connection does not lock onto the connector so I assume I need to get a new connector and solder it on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008UZ0QQU/ref=pe_217191_31005151_3p_dp_1

Anyone know what the connector type is?