Hi Fun pickup. Great to see another appearing and I'm sure I watched her on ebay, together with others. She's looking good and would be interesting to know what you have planned. Is there much immediate work required, as most seem to require some bodywork attention and are often mechanically quite sound.

Look out for you on the forum and hope it all goes well ;)

The body on this isnt to bad, obviously the rear suspension turrets will need doing properly, one sill and rear arch needs patching slightly but overall not to bad.And the screen is 100% dry! The gearbox mount has sheared clean through, dropping the gearbox end so the engine has also suffered minor damage. I'm torn as to wether or not to drop the diesel in her. The bodys going to get a complete make over, but also cant decide wether or not to paint her in the original two tone yellow or just one tone,seen some that have had this done and really like original and modified, whats everyones opions on both matters?

The Preg next to is allready a diesel, we reckon shes done over 240k (showing 207k but the clock was stopped for a while)-

she still works hard for a living, but cant carry my kid and missus in her, hence the fun.

Cheers for the info. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the Fun so two tone it is for me. I've seen many different variations, some work others really don't. Personally single tone just doesn't do it for me and although practical the truckman doesn't really enhance the look. I tend to think retaining the original spec/colour provides a better platform for re-sale. There's a relatively mint one just appeared on ebay so it will be interesting to see how much she ends up going for? ;)

• 1 year later...