Classic Car Insurance?

My_Yeti

Hi All,

As I am nearing 25, I am looking to get a classic car - I have had a couple of 60s and 70s Merc before, but bought normal insurance for them.

I am trying to check online for any brokers to see if I can get reasonable quote on a Porsche 944 S2 Convertible or a 928 S4. What kind of prices should I be thinking of insurance wise? I only paid 1000 pounds to insure my 1970s Merc 450SLC when I was 21 on a normal insurance.

Thanks!

As above Equity Red Star seem to be as good as any - they were certainly fine when I took out a limited mileage policy for my modified Mk1 MX5...

Maybe give them a call. Call several.

Best way to find out i find.

You might be looking at Classics,

but it is still Sports & Performance Classics you are looking at,

and you are still youngish.

It does not always mean it is a way to a Sports car and cheap insurance, it can be tho. Depends.

Mileage, commuter, other cars, parking, agreed value etc etc

My Policy has changed in name from 'Classic' to 'Cherished'.

http://www.premiumchoice.co.uk

george

Thanks for all the response. I will definitely ring around.

On another note, my brother just moved to back to C. London, we have a secure residents only underground car park with CCTV and roller blind shutters and .... 33% increase in insurance - what a joke!

I am actually thinking if other cars such as TVR wedges or S costs less to insure or Elan M100 ...