which engine to go for ?

Why not the 140?

It's not plagued with DPF issues like earlier models (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

I have a 170 4x4. Excellent engine - never drove it in 2wd variant tho...

Al.

I am more than happy with the 140 in my car.

At least 48+mpg around town and over 60mpg on a run. It was about 5-7mpg less in its early life though that changed quite quickly once I passed 4k miles.

140KM works like old diesel, noisy. 2.0TDI 170KM works smoothly and quietly, and can be remapped for +200KM.

Eh? It's the same core engine. Turbochargers etc differ but you won't find a noise difference in the current model CR.

VW/Audi/Skoda have badged about a dozen different tdi's with the same 103kw and 2.0tdi and many of them feel and sound very different.

You're confusing the old 140PD engine with widely publicised oil pump and DPF issues with the current 140CR engine, which is very very similar to the 170. You'll get 40 around town and 50-55 on the motorway.

140KM works like old diesel, noisy. 2.0TDI 170KM works smoothly and quietly, and can be remapped for +200KM.

As has been stated - this is incorrect. The 140 is a great 'do it all' everyday unit, the 170 just gives more performance on those occasions when you require it. :)

If you want to remap even the 140 will go to 200.

I wouldn't recommend it, to get that much of an increase they must be over boosting the turbo. Better to look at a stage 1 remap that will yield 20-30 bhp increase. If you want more you'd be better off looking at uprated turbo and bigger intercooler in conjunction with a remap.

Cheers

Steve

Just get the CR170 and be done with it, 2 or 4 wheel drive. Its a cracking engine. Mine has just done 70k and just gets better and better.

The only thing is you can't have a CR170 4x4 DSG - or at least you couldn't last time I looked.

You're confusing the old 140PD engine with widely publicised oil pump and DPF issues with the current 140CR engine, which is very very similar to the 170. You'll get 40 around town and 50-55 on the motorway.

I have a 140 pd they do NOT have a dpf the oil pump issue was early on .

Thanks a lot guys

Well...superb .mk1 pips told me not to go for 2.0tdi 140 .....

Anyways I would like more power and 4by4 would be nice

Not sure right now

So far I got 2.5v6 tdi auto so....more mpg would be good but still don't wish to hear 4cylinder clunk

I'm 31 and and would like o call my self OLD so looking for another AUTObox

I have a 2012 170 4x4 Twindoor Superb and it goes like stink!!!! Fabulous towcar too. This summer did over 1500 miles of towing and averaged 28mpg with a BIG caravan.

Solo its returning on average about 44mpg (but I dont have a light right foot)! Have managed over 50 mpg if I stay below 70mph. (On the Autoroutes of course Officer!!!!).

Having had Mercs, Volvos, VWs in the past - this has to be the best value for money EVER. Its a very quiet car and purrs along with no sense EVER of any strain................my family and friends are sick of hearing about my fabulous Superb, but I know they are very envious!!!!!!!

BONUS....the passenger and luggage space is HUGE.

Edited by Optimist