Fabia Elegance Radio

Bennie

Hello all, quick question if I may, the girlfriends Fabia Elegance 2006 which has the Symphony fitted required the battery removed the other day due to low power steering fluid level and when I refitted the battery the car did not recognise the radio which is strange as the manual states it is equipped with comfort coding and does not require the code to be entered, after getting the code from my friendly Skoda dealer I have now found that the radio does not allow me to change the code from 1000 after the safe message goes out, am I doing something wrong or has the unit gone faulty after the battery was reconnected?

Your comments will be much appreciated on this subject.

Regards

I am using the numbered buttons on the radio to attempt to change each of the numbers on the screen to display the code given from nay Skoda dealer then I should be in a position to hold down the forward button to allow the radio to accept the code, if other words if I press the button marked as number 1 the number 1 on the screen does not change no mater how many time I press the button marked as number 1 and also if I press the button marked as number 2 the next 0 from the display does not change which you would think if I pressed number 2 three times the code on the display would indicate 1300.

Hope this information helps

ah right its just i know when i first ever tried to do one years ago i got really confused when i was turning the knob and it was not doing anything :giggle: but this makes no sense to me then sounds like possible failed unit try disconnecting the battery again see how that goes

You shouldn't need to enter the code at all if it's only been the battery that's been disconnected.

How long have you left it with the battery reconnected?

Sometimes it can be a while before it picks itself back up again.

Hi Softscoop, you are right I should not have to enter the radio code as I remember on my first Octavia vrs when I changed the original cd/radio for the first Sat Nav then even a Columbus unit when I traded the car in the original cd/radio was refitted and the car recognised it with no problem, I have also tried removing the radio and disconecting it from the car and refitting with no luck, the battery was first removed for approximately 10-15 mins, I have had a word with local dealer and they have asked me to bring the car in which I will do next week.

Regards Bennie