flywheel n clutch conversion

i just found this topic! and there a lot of good advise here.

but....

i now have to change the clutch and flywheel on my octavia 2.0 vrs.

and iam thinking of buying VALEO smf clutch kit.

is that a people choice here? seems like theres only a few who would not go for a smf but a dmf...

but after searching over some forums, everyone says YES to a SMF.

but my main question is : are VALEO a good clutch? or should i go for another?

Edited by remyhapoldoy

I have a few friends who have this kit and swear by it. All have Mk4/Mk5 golfs and Bora TDIs that are VE 1.9s or PD100/105/110/115s.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130639438949?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D130639438949%26_rdc%3D1

That's what I'll be getting when my DMF goes, although it was replaced last year at around 80k, now on 115k...looking at a few hours labour on top though. Thats where friends come into it!

I have a Valeo in my hatchback, been in there for over 20k miles now without any hint of a problem. Would recommend highly -- my other Octavia has a Skoda SMF conversion, and the Valeo has a much nicer feel while driving. Absolutely no rattles or vibrations, super quiet and super smooth.

Mike

I use my Octavia 1.9 110 as taxi and have valeo kit , Now the power is more true and gears conversions are smooth without jerk but the worst part is i have nasty vibration in the car. If my customer have few drink they feel like they are going to through because of the vibration. Sometime little kids do vomit as well becz of this vibration. I have already done 20k on this vibration is the only problem i have and i think its the main problem. I hope this will help.

I have a Valeo SMF kit on 1.9TDI PD for I think 2 years now and I'm really satisfied.

Yes, sometimes you can hear a small rattle (for example when I release a throttle during a drive, or when idling and my foot is of the pedals), but sound is so camouflaged by TDI PD sound, that most of people dont even notice it.

Regarding vibration, I dont see any difference and I think its the same as with stock flywheel).

Acceleration and engine response is better for sure:)

But is there anyone who tried VALEO clutch kit with SMF on a 2.0tdi with a gearbox with 6 gears?? somone just told me to stay away from SMF on a 2.0tdi when i have a gearbox with 6 gears. i would get a lot of vibrations in 6th gear while driving, and it sounds like faulty release bearing when the car is idling with the clutch out. I got the same comment of others too from the VW-Audi Norwegen site.

BUT, if the gearbox have 5 gears, then it would go nice.

i was recomendet a to buy from this site, http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk

I just sent them an email, of what they recomendet, and this answer is what i got!

This is the stock kit
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...170-cr170.html

To hold more power, we recommend this kit
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...170-cr170.html

It's a quite good price for a good quality clutch set, i think i rater go for this than VALEO.

But is there anyone who tried VALEO clutch kit with SMF on a 2.0tdi with a gearbox with 6 gears?? 

Precisely. The SMF conversion on the 1.9 TDI is tried and tested, and the vast majority of owners report excellent results.

However I would think extremely carefully before converting a 2.0 TDI to SMF. There are practically no examples of this across the VAG range or on this forum, and the (very) few I have read about have been troublesome.  

• Like 1

yeah after what i been told, then it is npt a good idea to set a SMF on a 2.0tdi with a 6speed gearbox. you would get a horrible vibration noise an a extreme vibration while driving in 6 gear.

but i gonna order the SACS stock kit but with a little upgrade - organic lining on one side, feramic lining on the other side

then the clutch can handle up to 500nm. :)

so people... NO SMF ON A 2.0TDI WITH A 6SPEED GEARBOX STICK TO DMF ;)