why can't I have the full briskoda 15% discount?

mikejay

Got my renewal through which was 100 pound more expensive then last year, rung up To question it to dry and get it cheaper with no joy. They said I already recieve a 10% discount for being on this site. I brought to the man's attention who I was talkin to that it says on here up To 15% members discount. He couldn't tell me why I only get 10% and said he couldn't give me 15%? Why is this? Why would someone qualifie for 15% discount but me only 10% ?

Last time I got a quote and haggled a bit, I didn't get any club discount when I asked at the end, as I basically had the best price possible already. I felt a little hard done by, but then it was a good price so went with it. There shouldn't really be any distinction between freedom/non freedom with the club discount, but I don't know about the 10%/15% difference.

713 quid for a 33yo with full no claims in a decent area seems a bit steep to me. Goin to ring round a few later to try and beat it

• Sponsor

Hiya

I am looking into this for you.

Thanks

Dan

Got my renewal through which was 100 pound more expensive then last year, rung up To question it to dry and get it cheaper with no joy. They said I already recieve a 10% discount for being on this site. I brought to the man's attention who I was talkin to that it says on here up To 15% members discount. He couldn't tell me why I only get 10% and said he couldn't give me 15%? Why is this? Why would someone qualifie for 15% discount but me only 10% ?

• Like 1

713 quid for a 33yo with full no claims in a decent area seems a bit steep to me. Goin to ring round a few later to try and beat it

Sounds about right for all the mods you've got. And is Wigan a 'decent area'? :giggle:

Hi, I've recently switched to AF and think I received a 10% equivalent discount. Tbh I haven't questioned it & reading between the lines it seemed to have some relationship to who is underwriting the policy? Don't quote me though ;)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Out of curiosity ,and bit peed off with my renewal as now my broker wants to cash in on customers loyality in the form of an arrangement fee along with hefty comission from Insurance co ,I sent in for a quote to AF. I'm pleasantly surprised ,to say the least at AF quote. it's a lot less than my present broker and better than the best i've had so far . Even adding a courtesy car , still puts it in range of the best ,though over by a little. But then ,I can only get 9+ years NCB. In truth it should be nearer 40 .

Never mention clubs till after the first quote ;)

Many insurance firms only have so much discount to play with in total, so getting the best price and then mentioning a club will change the final price very little.

The "up to 15% discount" is an attention grabber, it's not a 15% discount.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Not the nfu, when I came to renew, they were 500 over the market, asked to revise their figure, I got 50quid... and a confident, shall we renew your policy? :wait:   Shame as they were when new policy very competitive and open to any mods so long as it came with a report saying it was safe. :clap:

So anyway AF it is up to 15% and Dan's on the case.  :thumbup:

When I first started looking at Octavias I asked AF for a quote (£800 for a MKI L&K unmodified, "would you like to proceed with that?"). When I mentioned that I was a member of Briskoda, it made a grand total of £0.00 difference as apparently that "had already been factored in", without mentioning Briskoda at all up until that point. So "up to 15%" is 15% or less. 0 is less than 15, so technically that works.