Fabia door lock issues

Andy1985

Long time lurker here :rolleyes:

Have had a search before posting and have found similar threads but nothing that answers my question.

Having just spent all last weekend releasing then replacing the rear passenger lock, the front passenger has decided to play up as well.

All this two weeks before MOT is due :angry:

Now the problem is the lock not locking/unlocking as it should do. It's intermittent however seems to be getting worse, i.e. not doing want I want it to!

I'm wondering if something like this guide would fix the problem: http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?112069-Lock-microswitch-problem-Door-open-signal-failure-Car-may-lock-you-out-May-affect-other-VAG-vehicles

Sometimes the lock won't release even using the inside handle, this is the same as what the rear door lock did which meant full replacement and not repair. It does still open occasionally, so hoping I can just repair.

To add to this, the drivers door when opened no longer activates the interior light or headlight buzzer, is this the same micro switch mentioned in the linked guide or a different one?

Best case scenario is a cheap fix, worst case is two new door locks!

Any help or advice given is much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I followed a guide to grind a hole to get access to the cog, however even turning this manual didn't work. In the end I spent about 4 hours grinding/hammering/levering away at the lock from inside the door and it finally popped open when I had the majority of the lock casing open (still attached to the door)

Absolute ballache it was so I'm trying to avoid it failing altogether on the other door.

Think I'll end up replacing with newer ones but not brand new as rear lock was nearly 100 quid so imagine front would be about the said even from TPS.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have same problem with my both rear doors, the passenger side is lock no possible to open, the driver side sometime open on first, sometimes no. Need sort this out before my MOT as well. Seams like common problem on Fabia's I think.