Reactivating Coming Home Lights

Hi everyone, I'm new here as I've only just become a Skoda owner.

I've just got an 07 Octavia L&K with all the bells and whistles etc, except for one thing.

The original owner had the coming/leaving home lights disabled as they shone into his lounge window or something. But I would like to have them back as I've got quite a dark driveway.

A dealer has quoted something like £50 to have that done, but I'm pretty sure all it takes is a check box in vag-com, so I'm wondering if anyone has or knows anyone with vag-com that could help me out if I drop by?

Obviously depends on where people are but its a diesel so I can do a lot of miles to get to someone before it gets more expensive than the dealer fix!

Thanks for any help,

Adam

From memory, hold the button in thats on the end of the right hand stalk until the menu appears. Scroll through the menu by using up/down rocker. Loads of things you can change. Coming home lights are adjustable from off/15 seconds/30 seconds. Have a search.

PS: Welcome to the forum.

Hi, thanks for the help and welcome!

I went out and had a look just now, I've found the menu but there are no settings relating to the coming home lights in convenience or light & vision menus. So when the previous owner says he had it disabled he means properly disabled. I have no idea why if you can just turn it off in that menu!

I remember reading in the manual about holding the stalk for x amount of seconds and leaving the lights on. Might be worth looking at that or failing that a friendly local briskodian with VCDS would be your best bet

I've read the manual and from what I can work out the feature is completely gone on mine. Have been chatting to a local briskodian who says he can help me out! Fingers crossed.

If it's been completely disabled, either by dealer or VCDS then it will disappear from the Maxidot menu.

L&K should have Maxidot which looks like this:

Octy_II_Bluetooth_102_320x240.jpg

Once re-enabled it will appear within the lighting menu. You might as well get 'Leaving Home' ticked too, so you have the option for that.

A bit bemused as to why the previous owner went to such great lengths; once it's enabled in Maxidot you can simply select it and turn it to 'OFF' if you don't want it on (!!)

Yeah I have the maxidot menu but it has completely disappeared from there. I don't understand why the previous owner did it either! Maybe they didn't have a clue about cars, didn't read the manual and didn't know about the menu?

If I get it vag-com'ed then yeah, I might as well activate leaving home as well. And anything else for that matter! Is there anything cool you can enable in vag-com the I might not have and you recommend?

• 1 year later...

must the car have rain and dimming rear view mirror ? mine car is a 2006 octi elegance with maxidot , search in the meny everywhere but didnt find it , can i enable it with a VCDS ?

A pre-facelift doesn't require the rain/light sensor, no. CH/LH will be active at all times though, because there's no sensor to detect light levels. Yes, you'll need VCDS to activate. Then because you have Maxidot you can manage it there, once the option has been activated.

I've got a vrs with automatic wipers but no maxidot could I get mine done or will I need to have the maxidot

You can have it activated with VCDS but you won't be able to turn it on or off or alter the timings. Although because you have the light/rain sensor for auto wipers it'll only come on when its dark.

Hope that helps.

If you are doing it.. you might as well also add the auto lights function too, uses the same sensor. just needs a check of your loom, if it doesn't have the correct loom you can use the auto light switch and a repair wire to add the wiring to the central conv module.

i think it was around £40 for switch and a quid or so for the repair wire i think.

if you just want ch/lh lights its a few tick boxes in vcds so find you local member and see what they can do for you :)

Anti hijack, teardrop wipe on the rear. 2nd rear fog light if pre FL. Big speed display if you have maxidot. Rain closing windows/sunroof. Depends on the car and what is fitted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk