Sold my 200bhp FTO for a Fabia Mk1 SDi

Shann

oh yes! no I am not crazy just needed more economy while I travel up an down the motor way over the next couple of years due to a job change.

bought a 2001 1.9 SDi which had 1 owner, FSH, and genuine 39000 miles for £1300 with 6 months tax and a full years MOT

the car is like new! it was only used to pop here and there by a retired lady and she had it garaged when she wasn't using it.

ok so it goes like a snail but when I did I regular trip that would usually use quarter of a tank in my FTO but didn't even register on the Fabia's fuel gauge I cant really argue. plus insurance is dirt cheap!

This was my fto:

ftooc.jpg

my Fabia is a standard silver SDi comfort (AC) so no pics as i'm sure you know what one looks like

already fitted a pioneer BT head unit and got new speakers on the way

got it booked it for cruise control to be retro fitted

and already finding this forum useful after a little breaking problem fixed by looking at peoples past posts with the same problem (vacuum pipe to servo split)

now to tackle them bushes

Welcome

You managed to find quite a rare machine as there never seem to be many/ if any for sale.

A friend & work colleague of mine bought the booted version shortly after it came out & he managed to get an average of around 68mpg from a tank of diesel, doing 50 mile round trips to work, plus other normal weekend shopping trips.

He mentioned that he managed a 75mpg tank going on holiday & he was doing indicated 70mph on the motorway, so if treated mildly, 70mpg on a reasonably long motorway trip should easily be achieveable.

This little car seems to indicate that progress is not always better when looking at MPG ( in the real world).