Annoying creak/squeek in new Superb estate

birket

I've had my greenline estate from new and it is about 3 or 4 months old. I've covered only around 4000 miles. Over the past few weeks, a really annoying, intermittant creak has started near the driver's cockpit area. I can't pin down where it is. At first, I thought it was the windscreen as when I push hard on the corner of it, the creek 'seemed' to stop, however, it isn't conclusive as sometimes it doesn't seem to make any difference. My latest idea is that it is the drivers door as when I push hard on it, I seem to be able to reproduce a similar creek sound. It only happens when driving down a bumpy road surface, and even then, it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Its almost as if it only happens when it is colder outside.

Has anyone had a similar annoying creek like this?

What do people do? Take it to a local dealer and ask them to drive around with you a few times until the creek starts?

This is a company car.

I had a similar 'creak' which seemed to be coming from the drivers door, or thereabouts. Initial visit to the Skoda dealer didn't sort it but I then took it to the local VW garage who do Skoda servicing in our area. They told me that Skoda had put out a notice about it and ? related to door seals. Anyway, they had the car for 3 or 4 hours and sorted it completely (toy amazement as never really expect dealers to satisfactorily sort squeaks/creaks or rattles!). 1200km later no sign of any recurrence.

I have experienced the same sort of thing on my 3 month old car, but coming from the passengers side. It has only started recently and I put it down to the fact that warm/hot air is now coming from the climate control system rather than the cool air since I've had it. The noise disappears after about 30 mins...presumably when the car warms up.

I had a similar 'creak' which seemed to be coming from the drivers door, or thereabouts. Initial visit to the Skoda dealer didn't sort it but I then took it to the local VW garage who do Skoda servicing in our area. They told me that Skoda had put out a notice about it and ? related to door seals. Anyway, they had the car for 3 or 4 hours and sorted it completely (toy amazement as never really expect dealers to satisfactorily sort squeaks/creaks or rattles!). 1200km later no sign of any recurrence.

Did you have to pay the VW dealer? Coz in this country they will service a Skoda but wont do any warranty work for fear of not being reimbursed by Skoda.

They told me that Skoda had put out a notice about it and ? related to door seals.

Really - a notice? I wonder when that was. Looks like I need to make a trip down to my local dealer. Just made a booking and they will have it for a day next week. Apparently you only get so long to sort out any squeeks or rattles!

I have experienced the same sort of thing on my 3 month old car, but coming from the passengers side. It has only started recently and I put it down to the fact that warm/hot air is now coming from the climate control system rather than the cool air since I've had it. The noise disappears after about 30 mins...presumably when the car warms up.

Seems annoying. Are you going to try and get somebody to fix it?

Did you have to pay the VW dealer? Coz in this country they will service a Skoda but wont do any warranty work for fear of not being reimbursed by Skoda.

Seems annoying. Are you going to try and get somebody to fix it?

I dont see as I can really...its one of those annoying things that only happens once in a while. I was out in it today for 3 hours and no noise!

Sounds like it's squeak that is in the mounting mechanism of the drivers chair, that's why it stops when you push hard on something, because you inadvertently move your seat at the same time!

Try spray WD40, it helped for me.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2