feully .... fabia greenline 2

b.o.w.

Hi to all .. been searching through the Fabia greenline 2 Statics on feully only to find mainly low 60's mpg it seems even worse looking at the polo bluemotions stats. Ok everyone seems to get high 60's low 70's mpg on a very occasional tankfull and overall not a huge increase in most cars from New to current mileage , just interested in people's opinions on this and advice for best results .. on a final note much rather be low 60's mpg than most other cars Mpg I see on there ... Happy eco driving :) Steve

Edited by b.o.w.

How often do the diesel's regen? Roughly every day, every week, once a month or every 1000 miles or anything?

Depends on your driving pattern, if you do enough long distance runs then the engine will have no need to carryout an active regen which uses extra fuel to heat up the exhaust and will passively regen which uses no extra fuel by using just the natural heat buildup.

I am averaging (using road trip app) 68 with my last tank being 83.

Generally I average 75-80 on my commute, however, doing the shopping, visiting the inlaws, driving through the city and the mad dash to pick up SWMBO/train brings it down.

Mines is the estate and is generally filled with work stuff.

• Like 1

With less than 300 miles and still running in I'm seeing about 60 mpg but what I found useful on my journey home last night was watching the actual mpg and not aveverage mpg and being able to see what the mpg is like

In different gears going up a steady climb and also when to accelerate a little harder to get to get to cruising speed to be in the most efficient gear.

Depends on your driving pattern, if you do enough long distance runs then the engine will have no need to carryout an active regen which uses extra fuel to heat up the exhaust and will passively regen which uses no extra fuel by using just the natural heat buildup.

Does the regen make the car idle at 1000rpm? Happened to me yesterday for most of the afternoon, then today back to normal?

yep,

you will also notice the instantaneous fuel drop 10-15mpg, also it will say "start stop not possible" if you come to a stop and it would normally shutdown, the other thing is the fan will run at high speed after you turn the ignition off

The DPF regen kills the mpg on my GII (the engine is economical, but the blasted regen!). If I were to look at a new car to buy now for economy, I would look at the new ford fiesta econetic, it did 108mpg in the '2012 mpg marathon' i.e. well above manufacturer's quoted figures. However it uses a separate pouch for DPF burning which VW did used to do!