SEAT PD160 air intake

Taking this further, has anyone here ever told an insurance company about a 'performance' air filter, for instance? If so what was the outcome? It's a consumable but has the potential to add performance.

technically so does taking a dump or going on a diet :P

it all just goes on how anal your ins company wants to be so always ask before you mod

Taking this further, has anyone here ever told an insurance company about a 'performance' air filter, for instance? If so what was the outcome? It's a consumable but has the potential to add performance.

I wouldnt know but its a piece of cake to get out of, just plead total ignorance, "my dealer said this was the one to have as a replacement" end of story. (unless its an out and out performance like K & N)

PS has anyone actually ever had their car checked? Or even know someone who has?

My family had 4 cars all go at once late last year, (tree fell across them all) yet no-one even bothered to come and check to see if the tree had been deliberately felled (though it hadnt)

Told mine, but the performance difference is negligible so I doubt it bothered them. I wasn't charged any extra for it..... :D

Chris

how many have told their ins comapnys about the cruise control ??

I have it and NO

PS has anyone actually ever had their car checked? Or even know someone who has?

My family had 4 cars all go at once late last year, (tree fell across them all) yet no-one even bothered to come and check to see if the tree had been deliberately felled (though it hadnt)

fabia vrs without cruise when i was buying it they were supposed to be fitting it for me but they didnt but id already insured it by that point and well i want cruise at some time so may as well keep it on there

fabia vrs without cruise when i was buying it they were supposed to be fitting it for me but they didnt but id already insured it by that point and well i want cruise at some time so may as well keep it on there

I have the same with C C. Its excellent for long distance driving, if theres alot of traffic about it can be a pain, so unless you do big journeys or alot of motorway driving (when its not busy) i wouldnt bother.

I did. But then again I'd already asked on a previous call whether it'd cost me :)

So has anyone told an insurance co about a 160 intake and what did it cost?

I have told my insurance about 95% of the mods (all the ones which I could tell they would have an issue with), i.e. the remap, alloys, new h/u and sub but if I were to have an accident I would have the car towed back to my house by the AA and I would remove the cupra intake/green panel filter, cruise control is a perfect factory copy so need to tell them. I know this will start a debate about crash investigators etc, but apart from a green panel filter I cant imagine them having too much of an issue.

My mondeo TDCi had a dragon tuning box and various other mods, i managed to remove the tuning box/panel filter but the red springs i couldnt get off in time, the insurance company never said a thing, and there were multiple cars involved.

When I changed from my old Octy to new, same engine size & model, but paid extra for Skoda alloys, Criuse, and parking sensors, they knocked just under

So has anyone told an insurance co about a 160 intake and what did it cost?

Rang my "good egg" insuarance company last week about my consideration :rolleyes: to modify my vehicle strut brace, PD160 intake and Milotec Grille.

"The strut brace is a safety feature, and the other mods are non-performance enhancing therfore there will be no increase to your premium sir"

Just need to give them a call when the modifications are complete :rolleyes:

Strut brace a safety feature?! That's a new one on me ;) Funny how that doesn't reduce the premium though! :rofl:

Chris

Dont understand it either. I stated the strut with directline and they its not a performance mod cos either it doesnt improve the performace of the car nor does it count as an aesthetic item.

Surely that would apply to the air intake too? No performance to the engine nor an aesthetic item.

Surely that would apply to the air intake too? No performance to the engine nor an aesthetic item.

Your guess is as good as mine :D Interestingly, my replacement springs and dampers are cosmetic too..... bit embarrasing really, as I bought them to make the car go round corners, not make the car look any better ;)

Chris