Rear Tyre Wear

maesglaspark

Having done 13500 miles in my Yeti, I am in the process of replacing my front tyres.They have worn evenly, but the backs are wearing as if the tracking is out, they are wearing the outside edge. Is this normal on the 4 wheel drive system? Has any one else had this happen or do I need to get the tracking checked out.

Even wear front and back and to the same tread depth; 21k covered and 4.5mm remaining on the Summer Conti Premium Contact 2 tyres (Note; winter tyres fitted for aprox 4.5k last winter).

Only had a slight rear tracking issue with the Octy Mk I 4x4; sorted by four wheel alignment.

TP

Done 47k in 2.5 years, and on my second and a half set of Dunlop sports 01s, and a winter last year on winter Conti tyres.

First set barely did 14k but with even wear all round (and stretched to 18k). Second set needed fronts replacing earlier than backs. Winters wore really well - and, since the past few mornings have bee 6 degrees, I think I will be getting Sinclair Skoda to get them out of storage and fit them!

What wear there has been was level across the whole tyre, so, in response to the OP's query it sounds like your tracking, camber, alignment needs a spot of adjustment!

Just to add

23,000 miles to date

5mm left on the rears and just under on the fronts, 17'' Spitzbergs, Goodyear Excellence tyres

wear even across the tyre