4x4 1.8T

kevlea77

Hello

Thought I'd share some current pics of my motor.

(following text was from July when I first joined forum)

Just bought my first Skoda, an Octavia 4x4 turbo. Well actually, my cousin, lofty79 has just bought it on my behalf and is busy tinkering with it until I finally get to see it, sit in it and drive it in a fortnights time.

Looks good in the pictures at least and by the time I get there it'll have new belt kit and water pump ready for my 550mile journey back down south.

I've mostly had VAG and BMW motors. 1967 splitscreen, mk1 cabrio, 2x mk2's, 2x mk3's, 3x T25's, A6 1.8T, 2x e28's, 2x e34 tourings's and an e30 touring to name but a few. However due to having one of my BMWs scrapped after a shocking arm length failure sheet and budget restraints I couldn't really afford what I was after. The Octavia most boxes. Couldn't afford a VRS, a 4motion or quattro so thought I'd give Octavia a try plus I've always like the idea of Fabia VRs but it's not big enough for me.

This is was It when I first set eyes on it,

kev4.jpg

It drove faultlessy on the 540mile journey home (though dodgy fuel gauge was a minor issue).

I wasn't planning to spend any money it but after modifying all my other motors I'm finding it hard to resist. there are so many individually styled motors on here to get ideas from. Havn't spent hardly anything on it yet. Second hand SAI from forum member and Secondhand Fuel pump/sender from Ebay. (that wasn't a nice job replacing it)

Its also proved its credability in that it has towed my brothers Vito on a couple of occasions, once with a ton of rubble and tools in the back!

I've just spent £12 on matt black vinyl and a badge/sticker. Also fitted a LCR splitter before I drove it home.

Here it is now after I've blacked the grill and B pillars. What do you think?

P1040046.jpg

P1040047.jpg

P1040048.jpg

P1040049.jpg

P1040051.jpg

I'd like to replace the wheels but don't really have the budget, can't afford suspension or anything like that so need to choose alloys wisely. RS4, TT comps? Planning to repace it in the new year because of a possible career change and may need extra space. Its definately a grower though and really enjoy driving it. Ave 27mpg is pleasing as well. Oh yeah, fitted quattro badges as well. Good or bad idea?

Any cheap modding ideas gratefully accepted