Cheap EGR Delete *last chance*

• 1 month later...

The item listed by ebay was a counterfeit copy of one made by proparts.

Contact proparts to see if they have a product that will fit you car.

John

Lol ^^^

Allard ones are not the same + they don't own the egr delete design :D :D

Contrary to what they may believe ;)

They might sell more Allard kits if they werent so overpriced.. IMHO ;)

• Like 1

Hense he + darkside got kicked off ebay.. doesnt make his counterfeit...

Its just a cheaper egr delete.. if u have a look in the group buy section u will find he has sold a load on here (hes onto his 2nd batch of group buys ;) )

End of the day its just a straight bit of pipe.. not like Allard invented the wheel is it :D

• Like 2

Hense he + darkside got kicked off ebay.. doesnt make his counterfeit...

Its just a cheaper egr delete.. if u have a look in the group buy section u will find he has sold a load on here (hes onto his 2nd batch of group buys ;) )

End of the day its just a straight bit of pipe.. not like Allard invented the wheel is it :D

How do you think they can make and sell for £25 - what sort of profit is that when you consider materials, labour - buying vag egr's and designing a product from scratch. It's not like Lloyd owns a factory producing 100 per minute.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sent a kit to Hungary!

Be great if you had your job exported.

Edited by john_y

All it shows is they can be made + sold cheaper than they are by Allard..

I bought mine for £37 after postage paid.. would have paid that to any UK based company/ fabricator.. im not willing to pay £20+ more for the sake of a logo on a sticker..

Exactly the same with Forge fmic's etc.. why pay £600 + when u can get a TPS one for £300...

If they want to sell more.. they need to lower the price or accept that alot of people will go elsewhere untill they do..

no point bullying every other company who trys to sell a cheaper alternative.

• Like 3

All it shows is they can be made + sold cheaper than they are by Allard..

I bought mine for £37 after postage paid.. would have paid that to any UK based company/ fabricator.. im not willing to pay £20+ more for the sake of a logo on a sticker..

Exactly the same with Forge fmic's etc.. why pay £600 + when u can get a TPS one for £300...

If they want to sell more.. they need to lower the price or accept that alot of people will go elsewhere untill they do..

no point bullying every other company who trys to sell a cheaper alternative.

I think the labour rates in Hungary are a lot cheaper - fancy working for £3 per hour or less ??

What do you do for work?

Edited by john_y

Who cares what they are earning in hungary, if its cheaper for us to then it doesnt matter. End of the day we want quality and price comparison and this one is the best of both.

John do you work for allard or this proparts by any chance?

Who cares what they are earning in hungary, if its cheaper for us to then it doesnt matter. End of the day we want quality and price comparison and this one is the best of both.

John do you work for allard or this proparts by any chance?

+1

I think the labour rates in Hungary are a lot cheaper - fancy working for £3 per hour or less ??

What do you do for work?

I work at a VW main dealer as a mechanic.. and i accept that alot of people go to back streets instead of the main dealer because the labour rate is cheaper... but u dont see VW shutting down every back street do u?

But dont get me wrong we are still really busy because we offer a much better service in terms of diagnostics etc.. and we get ALOT of cars that have been to the backstreets.. had a problem/ missdiagnosed etc and the backstreets send em 2 us.. u pay for 2 hours diag at our dealership + if it takes 3 solid days to diag it then u get that for free untill its sorted.. thats something u will not get at any back street..

If u offer a service that no one else can match then u will keep getting buisness ;)

Im sure u will continue to sell the allard kits but at the same time.. if joe bloggs does it cheaper then he will sell more..

I am not on about sending business abroad.. i have spoken to darkside-developments + they tryed to put there own egr kit on ebay + wer kicked off ebay by proparts for exactly the same.. they are from barsley (in the UK).. ;)

okay, vw do a lot of r&d in terms of their engines etc

They spend money on it - then a chinese company buys a vw copies the product and sells it 50% cheaper - do you get it now?

I work at a VW main dealer as a mechanic.. and i accept that alot of people go to back streets instead of the main dealer because the labour rate is cheaper... but u dont see VW shutting down every back street do u?

But dont get me wrong we are still really busy because we offer a much better service in terms of diagnostics etc.. and we get ALOT of cars that have been to the backstreets.. had a problem/ missdiagnosed etc and the backstreets send em 2 us.. u pay for 2 hours diag at our dealership + if it takes 3 solid days to diag it then u get that for free untill its sorted.. thats something u will not get at any back street..

If u offer a service that no one else can match then u will keep getting buisness ;)

Im sure u will continue to sell the allard kits but at the same time.. if joe bloggs does it cheaper then he will sell more..

I am not on about sending business abroad.. i have spoken to darkside-developments + they tryed to put there own egr kit on ebay + wer kicked off ebay by proparts for exactly the same.. they are from barsley (in the UK).. ;)

okay

VW golf.... Vauxhall Astra lol...

U want a VW polo but dont wana pay VW money.. u can buy a SEAT ibiza or Skoda fabia..

I get where ur coming from but there is a market for all those cars.. there is also a market for Allard egr deletes aswell as cheaper egr deletes.. people making cheaper versions of a product will always happen + its a good thing for the customer (so THEY can choose).. also good for product developement.. (forces companys to develop there product so it is better than its competitors)

U cannot simply stop people buying cheaper products..

If i wanted a boost gauge (which i dont) then buying an Allard egr delete would be a better option for me. So some people will have to get an Allard. No point in me paying extra for something i wont use.

Loads of examples of cheap "copies" being beneficial.. "JOM" coilovers... less than £200 nothing compared to £800 KWs which they probably "copied" there design from but without them there are alot of people who simply wouldn't have ever bought coilovers because they were too expensive..

"Ash" sylicone hoses.. half the price of "samco" hoses but do the same job and without cheap hoses alot of people wouldn't have bothered fitting FMIC kits etc..

Samco hasnt gone bust or anything.. they still have there high end customers who want "the best" hoses..

"Dare" alloys.. replica bbs rs wheels.. not everyone is willing to spend or even has £1500+ for real bbs rs wheels.. but those customers whould never have bought gen ones anyway + hasnt stopped people buying the real ones .

U get where im coming from?

• Like 2

VW golf.... Vauxhall Astra lol...

U want a VW polo but dont wana pay VW money.. u can buy a SEAT ibiza or Skoda fabia..

I get where ur coming from but there is a market for all those cars.. there is also a market for Allard egr deletes aswell as cheaper egr deletes.. people making cheaper versions of a product will always happen + its a good thing for the customer (so THEY can choose).. also good for product developement.. (forces companys to develop there product so it is better than its competitors)

U cannot simply stop people buying cheaper products..

If i wanted a boost gauge (which i dont) then buying an Allard egr delete would be a better option for me. So some people will have to get an Allard. No point in me paying extra for something i wont use.

Loads of examples of cheap "copies" being beneficial.. "JOM" coilovers... less than £200 nothing compared to £800 KWs which they probably "copied" there design from but without them there are alot of people who simply wouldn't have ever bought coilovers because they were too expensive..

"Ash" sylicone hoses.. half the price of "samco" hoses but do the same job and without cheap hoses alot of people wouldn't have bothered fitting FMIC kits etc..

Samco hasnt gone bust or anything.. they still have there high end customers who want "the best" hoses..

"Dare" alloys.. replica bbs rs wheels.. not everyone is willing to spend or even has £1500+ for real bbs rs wheels.. but those customers whould never have bought gen ones anyway + hasnt stopped people buying the real ones .

U get where im coming from?

Thank-you for your analysis.

Yes, like a lot of English people you want something for nothing - sales mentality

Edited by john_y