Engine management light on

Any ideas what's the matter with my Octy 2.0 tdi ? Whilst accelerating up a motorway slip road this morning the car wouldn't rev past 3000 rpm and now the engine management light is on. The car starts and runs normally at low revs.It's a 2005 model with 74,000 on the clock, I've had it for 5 years and it's been excellent since this incident. Regards Monkster.

Its Limp mode Buddy, I have gone through all this with my MK1 ocy, Sticky Veins in the Turbo, Get this, there is an Easy fix. A fellow ocy owner on hear told me to clean the Turbo with ( Wait for It) MR MUSCLE oven cleaner, Yes you heard right Mr Muscle oven cleaner.

I am going to try to find the link ..

Watch this space....

Its Limp mode Buddy, I have gone through all this with my MK1 ocy, Sticky Veins in the Turbo, Get this, there is an Easy fix. A fellow ocy owner on hear told me to clean the Turbo with ( Wait for It) MR MUSCLE oven cleaner, Yes you heard right Mr Muscle oven cleaner.

I am going to try to find the link ..

Watch this space....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/243533-the-mr-muscle-vnt-turbo-treatment-thought-we-needed-a-guide-of-sorts/page__hl__+limp%20+mode#entry2863901

try this Buddy

You really need to get someone with a fault code reader thats compatible with full canbus to read the fault code. The light can come on for a lot of reasons, some are easier to fix than others.