Newbie to Skoda checking in.....

Johnny_BoomBoom

Hi folks, after a bit of research I found this site (OK...google found it for me). Going to be picking up an '11 plate Octavia vRS in White on Saturday. Skoda are totally new to me after many years as 'Mondeo Man'.......my current car (well, it is until Saturday, then my father is taking it off my hands) is a Mondeo ST TDCI. (All in I've had 4 Fords and a Volvo in my car ownership career)

I'm not doing the mileage now that I was when I got the Mondeo, so decided to go back to petrol. Had a short test drive in the Octavia and it certainly put a smile on my face, looking forward to getting it now - Saturday can't come soon enough!!

Have to admit to researching why the vRS is called a vRS....and defintely had a chuckle at one of the possible explanations......Skoda definitely won over Ford for me this time!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi johnny,

Don't be bothered by tbe badge snobs, they don't know what they're missing! I got stick from my golfing mates for buying an octy 1.4 se plus until we came off the course one day when it was chucking it down and they had to take their trollies apart and their clubs out if their bags in the rain before it would all go in their big badge boots, while I just chucked all mine just straight in and waltzed off into the clubhouse leaving them to it. I had stick off the wife too about the 'size of me engine' so I went and bought a vrS blackline. The dissenters have gone silent. Strange that.... Enjoy. Ade

Thanks folks, well, I'm still really loving the car!!! Couldn't care less about badge snobs - it's me that pays hard earned cash for the car every month, and me that's gotta be seen in it!!! I don't think the Skoda badge gets quite the ribbing it used to, however, any dissenters should try one out!!! Any road up - I'm really happy with the move ,and glad to find a forum that looks to be nice and user friendly!

Anyway, the car does indeed have a huge boot - which is great as a my hobbies include music (bassist in a rock band), shooting and WWII re-enactment - all of which invloves quite a lot of boot space......the Octy is at least 10% bigger than the Mondeo was before you fold the seats down! :happy: