soggy foot well

Hi ive owned my mck1 octy vrs saloon for near on 3yrs now with no problems until now! Just recentley noticed water in passenger front foot well dont think it has anything to do with heater matrix as it only happens when been raining or washing the car ive located drain holes under scuttle panel and some behind front mud flaps and they were quite blocked up so cleaned and flushed them thru. But problem still percists! Anyone had similar problem? Or any ideas where i can go from here? Thanks in advance!

I have same issue on drivers side and I think it's down to the door! Think water gets in door and drips onto inner door seal and builds up till it over flows into car as every time open door there is alot of water on the inner rubber seal so l just put a rag down at mo

yeah been in under the scuttle panel and cleared the drain holes like i say they were quite blocked up but i cleaned these out about 3wks ago now and still got the problem! think ill check out door seals thanks

whats with the lines through the writing?

could be the bungs in the scuttle panel, they get disloged/shrink and can leak, also worth checking pollen filter housing as stated, make sure all drains are clear, refit door rubbers or replace.

Blocked drains under the scuttle panel under the wipers quite common

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

this was the problem on mine gave the drains a good clean and no problem since

Gotta agree with the consensus, had the same problem with mine a couple of years back and it was the scuttle drains, take the scuttle panel off and make sure it's all totally clear. I found I stopped getting wet feet after I did this ;-)

Have you loosened the trailing corners of the front wheelarch liners and checked for build-up of mud? My car suffered from chronic wet carpets until I removed a large amount of mud from between the wheelarches and liners (as suggested by a member of this forum) and unblocked the sunroof drains which exit part way up the A-pillars.

• Like 1

Have you loosened the trailing corners of the front wheelarch liners and checked for build-up of mud? My car suffered from chronic wet carpets until I removed a large amount of mud from between the wheelarches and liners (as suggested by a member of this forum) and unblocked the sunroof drains which exit part way up the A-pillars.

good tip that!

HI GUYS WHERE DO I FIND THE DRAINS ON A FABIA MK1 ESTATE

REASON BEING THE REAR PASSENGER FOOT WELL HAD A HUGE POOL OF WATER IN IT AFTER HEAVY RAIN AND TOOK AN AGE TO CLEAR UP

SO READING THIS MAKE ME THINK ABOUT DRAINS WHICH I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT LOL

THANKS

drains are responsible for the front footwells being wet often, but not the rears.

water in the rear footwells is down to the door rubbers shrinking from what i remember, and is a really common problem

drains are under the scuttle pannel by the front windscreen and in the sunroof surround (i think) that should run down to the door pillar (a) need to check that though as have never had a sunroof model car

cheers guys! yeah first thing i tried when noticed the problem was drain holes under scuttle and behind mud flaps. but still getting wet! think will check door seals and all the bungs etc behind scuttle thanks again!

My octy was leaking back in May, took it to Skoda and it took them 3 attempts to solve the water ingress. Turned out to be leaking from both passenger side door and doorcard seals, and mainly from the pollen filter area. Charged me £415 :-(

My octy was leaking back in May, took it to Skoda and it took them 3 attempts to solve the water ingress. Turned out to be leaking from both passenger side door and doorcard seals, and mainly from the pollen filter area. Charged me £415 :-(

How much????!!!

Tube of bath sealer and abit of patience could have saved you a few quid there mate.....

drains are responsible for the front footwells being wet often, but not the rears.

water in the rear footwells is down to the door rubbers shrinking from what i remember, and is a really common problem

drains are under the scuttle pannel by the front windscreen and in the sunroof surround (i think) that should run down to the door pillar (a) need to check that though as have never had a sunroof model car

Common fault on Golf MKiv.

It's actually the front door doors that cause leak in back footwell.

Rubber under doors fails then runs under carpet to the back!!

Took a while to figure out, trust me!!

• Like 1

Common fault on Golf MKiv.

It's actually the front door doors that cause leak in back footwell.

Rubber under doors fails then runs under carpet to the back!!

Took a while to figure out, trust me!!

just to clarify, i am talking about the fabia, and not the octy (though i also commented on the octavia issues in this thread too), i know the fabia rear seals def leak, as they leaked onto my rear seats from the top, and bottom, leading to water stained seats and wet footwells in the rear and not the front.

I had similar leak in octy turned out to be running in through the bonnet release cable where it enters car on drivers side under scuttle, cleaned it throughly and sealed it with bath sealant, my car had soo much water in carpet that it smelt of mould so changed carpets and underlay smells good as new now and no more leak !! BTW my leak was driver side footwell not passenger !!

• Like 1