Thanks for all the fish!

RogN

Yesterday I made the hardest decision in 2.5 years when I PX'ed my 170 Yeti for a bigger 4x4 (got £15000 for her too)

I've loved owning and driving her over this time and not had a problem - 37000 miles, two services, 2 Windscreens (stone chip on the m25), a set of tyres and averaged 42mpg.

The only warranty job was on the white worm on the rear badge and the only other visit to the garage was when I took Yeti up against bigger 4x4's on a serious off road course and splattered the underbody protection plates (they did their job), but proved the Haldex is a brilliant piece of kit even on road tyres.

having got a 6 foot tall teenager and a growing family, the lack of space in the back and boot when on holidays or shopping was starting to cause some logistic problems. I had been waiting on Skoda releasing a bigger 4x4 model, but alas this isn't happening in the near future :-( also considered waiting for the new Octavia or up to the Supurb but neather were quite doing it for me.

So after lots and lots or research, I've picked a 9 month old VW Touareg SE mk2 as the replacement, so keeping in the VW Family (I had a VW Bora V5 before my 3 Skoda's covering the last 8 years). Many similarities, gained in a few areas and lost the Dynamic Xenon's and rear privacy glass, variable servicing in the proces.

Before I go, I want to thank everybody on this Forum for their help and comments over the last 3 years of waiting for and driving my Yeti.

Best Wishes and if you see a Touareg waving at Yeti's, it might be me!

Roger

Nice overview of your time with the Yeti. I almost clicked the button on a 3.0TDi Touareg a few months back as its the only one car we could see replacing the Yeti with all the different things we expect of her... the reliability issues and the thought in the back of my mind of it just being too big for 80% of the things we need it for gave me enought doubt to chicken out. Good luck with yours and keep in touch. :)