Tubes unconnected in engine 1.9 diesel

This topic had been talked about aafter an initial problem in another thread related to gears, i had diesel leaking from an injector & still am unsure where pipes have to go that were misplaced withing engine.

Post that covered the topic,

http://www.briskoda....30#entry2984919

http://www.briskoda....30#entry2984993

http://www.briskoda....30#entry2985210

http://www.briskoda....30#entry2990624

The device at the front of the head where the accelerator cable goes is the diesel pump!

I seriously think you need to post another thread asking people for the location of their pipes on 1.9 diesels. It'll sort the problem quickly, and no-one is going to be looking in this thread, they will still think it's about gears.

Last post above was recommendation to begin a new thread, here is pictures of the cables/tubes that i dont know where they should go,

These are the parts in the engine the cable that was fixed to the injector outlet above feeds to, what do they do as i then have a cable that leads nowhere?

post-96123-0-79346200-1351664543_thumb.jpg

I have traced out the cable coming from the injector in white to the part shown above, it then feeds into another cable that runs from the back of the engine to the front. The second one beside it i have traced in red where that leads to and that has one that hangs down in the pic also not attached to anything, what are they both & where should each one lead to as the car appears to be runing perfectly?

post-96123-0-87054700-1351664558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uncorruptable

The one with the black plug is the egr valve solenoid, basically it is a vacuum operated valve for allowing some of the exhaust gas to recirculate into the intake

The one with the brown plug is the idle boost valve solenoid, it uses a vacuum operated diaphragm to increase the idle speed under certain operating conditions...

Neither of those systems will affect the running of the engine too much

Other than that I'm not really 100% sure what it is you are asking unless I'm not reading it right, but Im not feeling too well so that might be it.

The one with the black plug is the egr valve solenoid, basically it is a vacuum operated valve for allowing some of the exhaust gas to recirculate into the intake

The one with the brown plug is the idle boost valve solenoid, it uses a vacuum operated diaphragm to increase the idle speed under certain operating conditions...

Neither of those systems will affect the running of the engine too much

Other than that I'm not really 100% sure what it is you are asking unless I'm not reading it right, but Im not feeling too well so that might be it.

No thats fine, if they are not crucial then im not too worried, will they cause greater fuel consumption?

Having the EGR disconnected is fine.

Did it on our old Pug 306 1.9D (just a matter of unplugging the solenoid so it no longer opened, just like this one). Seemed to run better with it unplugged than before.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi all, returning to this topic again just as i would like to know for sure on one other item,

Picture of the fuel pump here shows a nozzle for a small hose to go onto,

post-96123-0-23058300-1354865695_thumb.jpg

And this one on idle cable,

post-96123-0-04374900-1354865733_thumb.jpg

What should be attached to both please?

i think the nipple in the first photo is just a "bleed" nipple for when the system is first primed?!

i will have a look at my engine in the morning to see if it has the same as yours in the 2nd photo.

The metal nipple is for bleeding as said, the other one is the idle speed advance and should be connected to the white solenoid via a vacuum pipe, this makes the engine run smoother when its cold etc.