Octavia III - Hatch or saloon?

Per the title really.

Some of the photos make the Octavia III look more like a saloon, whereas I was hoping for a hatchback, like the Octavia II I am currently driving. Anyone know for sure which it will be?

Also, what trim levels are likely at launch? I've read that the VRS probably won't be available from the outset, but what about the L&K (or equivalent)?

I know I should probably just be patient and wait for the official word from Skoda, but I was just curious...

Neil

No official word but (at a guess) the boot will be about the same size as the current Octavia - looking at the picture (OctaviaT81 on the ball again).

As for the vRS or L&K, only a guess again but will possibly be released 3 months or so later.

The mk2 boot is 585l with the autochanger compartment opened up and made part of the main boot (as per the facelift).

The mk3 will only grow by 5l to 590l. Which makes sense because if they'd made it any bigger it would have made the Superb look bad.

Hmm the Superb hatch is 595 (with seats up) - very much on par I would say. Therefore the Superb selling point becomes the rear legroom?

Perhaps there is a move to make the next Superb (mk 3) even bigger?

Evening Star, the Cerato is pretty much the Cee'd saloon. As such, you guys in Europe won't be receiving it but unfortunately us here in Australia will be. The Cee'd is a vastly superior car...

• Like 1