junctiontwo

New black Octavia badges - size issue?

Hi all,

Popped into a dealer last week to order the new F & R black badges and was told that there's a difference in size to the existing ones, so left it until I get more info.

Is this true? When fitted will there be a noticeable gap around the outside?

They're going on a 62 plate VRS Estate.

Thanks.

Front badge is fine, wheel badges are fine. Rear badge however is larger and as they will never actually make badges designed for the Octavia then you need to do some "creative fitting". I used some good quality adhesive tape and carefully made sure the badge looked as flush as possible at the back. Personally I'm happy with the result. The rear one isn't "angled" quite right for the Octavia.

Front badge is fine, wheel badges are fine. Rear badge however is larger and as they will never actually make badges designed for the Octavia then you need to do some "creative fitting". I used some good quality adhesive tape and carefully made sure the badge looked as flush as possible at the back. Personally I'm happy with the result. The rear one isn't "angled" quite right for the Octavia.

Cheers Stoofa - I'll order them tomorrow.....

Spot on, that's exactly what I did.

The rear one is the same size as the recess in the boot that the old badge is fitted in, so as said above a little bit extra adhesive tape sorts it out.

Spot on, that's exactly what I did.

The rear one is the same size as the recess in the boot that the old badge is fitted in, so as said above a little bit extra adhesive tape sorts it out.

Cheers John!

You say in title "black" badges I assume its just the black background to the new ones or is there an all black version now

Here is mine with the new style badges

back%2520right.jpg

back%2520left.jpg

front%2520left.jpg

wheel.jpg

All pics made possible thanks to Stoofa for posting them out to me in the Netherlands :thumbup:

All info was on the forum at the link below part Numbers etc.

http://www.briskoda.... skoda badges

Hello all,

Firstly please don't crucify me for asking a question in a 4 year old forum. But I'm just after knowing the sizes/link to a site, for the badges that will fit an Hatchback Octavia VRS Mk2 (61 plate) I'm after front back and wheels. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers

Luke

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ekion
      Hi all!

I’ve been lurking in these forums for a few months, but this is my first post here. I’ve ordered a vRS 230 in Candy White with KESSY and heated front seats (no black pack), which currently has a build week in Jan (excited is an understatement).

Whilst out Christmas shopping with the Mrs, we parked next to a pre-FL version (Candy White also) without the black pack and I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed. Admittedly it was dark, but now I’m unsure I made the right decision. I pretty quickly dismissed the option when speccing the car because I thought it looked a bit tacky, but i’ve since realised that all of the photos I’ve been drooling over for the past month or so all have the black pack selected. I could change my order now to include it, but it would likely push the build week back.

Without having both side by side to compare (in person), I’m struggling to make a decision. What’s people’s opinion/experiences with the black pack on the FL version?
    • By bullawayo
      Hi all, 

I've just bought my first Skoda. My previous car, a 530d e60 with 300bhp, I sadly lost to the weather in the Yorkshire moores last weekend during a snow storm. Hit a 30 degree decline road which was ice and couldn't control the car.

Anyway, this is my new car. I am new to Skoda's but my heart has always been with VAG cars. I have owned various Golfs/Boras/Polos etc including a G40 which was tremendous fun.

Heres an overview:
      2012 Octavia vRS Blackline Estate
      42k miles
      Full skoda history

Some pics from when I picked it up (oop North, i'm located in Basingstoke) on Friday evening:

And then some from Saturday morning:

I don't tend to hang about with cars, so got straight to it. On Saturday I removed various window stickers, gave her a proper interior clean and checked it over properly. I also fitted some LED number plate lights I had hanging around.
      On Sunday I took the car for window tinting:

Rears 20% and a black sunstrip added

Sunstrip/parked up next to one of my good friends Porkas:

The car is going into Skoda tomorrow for a major service as it is due (I got the money off the sale to pay for it). I have insisted they replace everything they can do as part of a major service (even if it "passes" visual inspection)

First impressions are good. It is not as quick as my 530d (unsuprisingly) but I have been impressed by how well it moves and the handling for an estate. 

I have also ordered a microphone, and once fitted I will enable bluetooth via VCDS.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers
      Matt

• By ash01
      Afternoon all.
      Details below of my Skoda fabia for sale. Sad to part with it, although company car forces me to get rid of it. I really like the car, its great on fuel (60mpg easy) and has a smooth engine that is great on the motorway and looks great when cleaned up too.

Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 2014 - First Registered May 2014.
      HPI Clear.
      Meteor Grey with black roof
      Interior is also black and grey with black roof lining. It looks really nice. Whole car matches which is why I bought it. 
      1.6tdi CR 105bhp
      35.3k miles
      Upgraded headlights - nightbreaker - and tinted rear lights. 
      I have a skoda grey touch up stick that it comes with also.
      MOT due 25/04/2018 and Tax of £20 at the same time. 
      Based in Rhoose, Vale of Glamorgan - 15 mins outside Cardiff. 
      £7200 ono.
      Tel: 07590645935

Many thanks

Ash

• By Badge
      Trying to fit rear dash cam to my Kodiaq, found  a spare orange and a spare yellow wire in the spare wheel well. Are these for hooking up towing gear? I am hoping that I can make them live by adding a fuse in the fusebox and that they are ignition controlled.
      Assuming that I will not be able to use these
      Has anyone suggestions for an ignition controlled live wire to tap into at the rear of the car?
    • By Highlander19
      Hi, my yeti has is white with silver mirrors, but I saw one today with black mirrors and I think it looks better. Can you buy black mirror caps for facelift model, and are they easy to fit. I saw Painted Black Mirror Caps and Decorative Black Mirror caps in Skoda Shop one says up to 2015, and the other up to 2016. are the mirrors actually different on original and facelift models.
      Any advise gratefully received.