non start help

Hello after getting my mk1 vrs back from the garage last saturday with a new clutch flywheel and recon boxi in it. I came down to get in my car last sunday and the fob wouldnt work but the car would lock/unlock with the key manually. I grabbed the spare but still no joy i tried to re-programe the keys following guides on here but to no avail but i thought what the hay i got my vrs back after 3 months and have enjoyed it all week.

So today i took my mrs and kids shopping and while she nipped into the shop i sat outside in the car park and i pressed the lock button on the door by accident then pressed the unlock straight away. After a few seconds the allarm went off and i pressed the buttons on the door but it wouldnt turn it off. I had to get out and lock then unlock the car with the key i then got back in and tried to start it and it wouldnt start all the instrument lights came on and go out as they should but when you go to crank it wont. i called the aa out and they said it was a imobiliser fault and no way of fixing it.

anyway car is back home safe but was wondering if any has had a problem like this or how to solve it even where to start

thanks guys

i had something similar recently, have you tried sitting in the car for a while, with the keys 'on' on the ignition, as the system needs time to recognise the key again.

try doing that, apparently it can take up to 106 plus minutes (if you are unlucky), read my recent thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/254452-immob-issue/ and pm black vrs 1.8t and rwbaldwin for further help, both know what they are talking about and are really helpful!

have you tested the voltage on the battery, try another if its low,

if not could well be the clifford immob, does it have a light to show if its working or not?