Pothole caused a wheel to move back.

Around a month or so ago, I hit a fairly large pothole.

Anyways its physically moved the wheel ( one with rubber on not the steering one) backwards about half in.

Nothing looks bent and it drives fine, What should I be changing first?

Hopefully just a wishbone issue. But especially if on the front would get it checked out sort of now-ish. Apart from any issues regarding tyre wear, losing a front wheel will at the least wreck the car if at any speed - 30mph?

J.

Speaking from experience, wishbone issue is something to really worry about! I had one break on my Audi earlier this year at 70. I'm pretty lucky there was nothing around me and that I managed to keep it in a fairly straight line, but I could have easily hit the crash barrier or spun it.

Get it checked out!

I've been following this topic for two reasons:

A] How could a wheel be displaced so much without there being any physical signs as to why?

B] How are you measuring it in the first place?

I've just tried measuring mine and a very small displacement of the steering wheel gives a large difference in measurement taking the distance between rim and rear of wheelarch. Are you sure it's out by that distance? I can easily get a 10mm difference side to side.

I've been following this topic for two reasons:

A] How could a wheel be displaced so much without there being any physical signs as to why?

B] How are you measuring it in the first place?

I've just tried measuring mine and a very small displacement of the steering wheel gives a large difference in measurement taking the distance between rim and rear of wheelarch. Are you sure it's out by that distance? I can easily get a 10mm difference side to side.

A' Its been checked over by a few different skoda dealers, nothing looks a miss.

B cars tracked , wheel straight and wheels flush with the side of the car. The wheel looks closer to the arch, when measured from centre of the wheel parallel to the floor its about 2cm closer to the arch on offside

Well it always helps if you explain the situation fully at the outset - you now say "...checked over by a few different skoda dealers..." and they've reported "...nothing looks a miss..."

So you've taken it to three or four dealers and none of them thinks anything's wrong after actually examining the car; please consider how you can expect anyone on an internet forum to be able to advise further without being able to do any examination.

Have you not considered that the car might have been built like that and hence it's been there all the time?

Sounds like if several garages can't see any problem then there is no problem...