Any new engines in the pipe-line?

Life is too short to have the same car twice. I'm due to change for Jan 2014 and would like something new in a Superb (or else go for a different car)

Any news of a 200hp diesel?

Any news of a low emissions version of the current engine? It's already well behind Audi and VW cars

Any news of a V6 diesel?

The Superb is excellent but the SKODA trait of long life-cycles doesn't encourage people like me to stay with the marque.

I would like the new 140 PS 1.4 TSI engine (now used in Polo GT) with the possibility to switch off cylinders 2 and 3, thus improving the efficiency, and combined with the DSG-7 gearbox. With this engine it should be possible to save another liter (per 100 km) in fuel consumption, compared to my current 1.8 TSI. Now I'm using 7 l/100 km, so I should obtain around 6 l/100km (47 MPG).

• 1 month later...

I had a chat with a Skoda UK rep recently and asked him about a more powerful diesel engine. His response was that Skoda could technically fit one, or another engine in the line up, but it was VW that hold them back. He explained that each model in the VW brand was scored depending on the spec. For example my Superb Elegance might have a score of say 1000. If Skoda were to fit, for example the 3.0 diesel then this would increase the score, let's say to 1150. Now, because the equivalent A6 had a score of say 1175, VW state that Skoda must reduce the score of their model. This kind of explains why we couldn't get the likes of DAB initially or a reversing camera, when it was available in other VWs and Audis... It's all to do with ensuring the Skoda brand doesn't impact on VW or Audi sales (more than it does already).

I'm jumping ship in Feb when my current contract (Elegance CR170 DSG hatch) finishes as Skoda only offer the Greenline slug. I'd happily have an CR170 Elegance-spec estate with DSG box, but I've found that 1) an automatic 520d Touring will cost less per month on a like-for-like contract and 2) I'll pay marginally less BIK tax too!

Edited by ChazzyB