Squeeky insrument surround housing !

charles

Hi, anyone else experienced the creaking sound that comes from the dashboard instrument surround!? it seems to do it when the car has warmed up!

I'm not sure whether to have the dealer look at it as it seems minor but it is annoying.

Cheers

I had the same from above the glove box and annoyed the hell out of me,I took it to the dealer and they sorted it.take it in its what they are there for.do yourself a favour and be sure where it is coming from,or you could have a few trips !!

Yep, mine has this. It's been in for a fix twice but only slightly better. Might just have a go at it myself next. Apparently Skoda UK sent them a kit to fix this the first time but it failed to remedy it at all. Second time the spanner monkey came out with me, heard the rattle and then said he'd go at it with sticky foam :-) It's better now but the roads around here are so bad that it isn't solved.

I pulled the surround off at the bottom clips and put a couple of bars of foam in at the bottom of the instrument pannel, it helped a bit but its come back near the top not quite as bad though. Imight try an pull the whole surround out and put some more foam in next time i get near the car in daylight.

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the surround off at the bottom clips and put a couple of bars of foam in at the bottom of the instrument pannel, it helped a bit but its come back near the top not quite as bad though. Imight try an pull the whole surround out and put some more foam in next time i get near the car in daylight.

Hi,

did you do this? If not, when you do could you provide an update and maybe a picture or two?

Hi,

did you do this? If not, when you do could you provide an update and maybe a picture or two?

It seems to have gone away for the moment. If it comes back and i have to pull the surround out ill try and remember to have the camera on hand

I've had this creaking from the surround of the heater controls. I've found if I press it then the noise stops. I may take the car in as it annoying, especially only being 4 months old. The problem is the noise isn't consistent, it comes and goes.

Ok so i attacked this at the weekend. I've put some 6mm number plate pads

After a couple of 100+ mile drives no squeaking to be heard, so all i need to do now is fix the rattly heater controls

I have a few pics on the camera so ill put up a post in the tech journals board when i get home

• Like 1

Hi, anyone else experienced the creaking sound that comes from the dashboard instrument surround!? it seems to do it when the car has warmed up!

I'm not sure whether to have the dealer look at it as it seems minor but it is annoying.

Cheers

Yep I've had mine for approx 3 weeks now and its a pain in the ass. Seems to eminate from 2 places. THe Centre Airflow registers and or the Instrument clear plexi glass panel.... oh and my feckin drivers seat creaks as well !!!!!!

I've had many Ocatavia's and many Superb's but the Fabia definitley shows its cheaper Interior quality , which is a shame cos the Vrs is a proper littler Roller skate !!! :o)