Sigh latest problem - radio not working

Well you certainly need to be a member of a club when you own a Skoda. Perhaps they should stick to making Pilsner.

Anyone had this ...

Came out of supermarket today, started up. Funny no radio 4. Turned up volume - nothing. Display fine. Switched off and on - got message CD error. Tried CD, radio - nothing.

Any ideas ?

• Like 1

My Stream MP3 has a mind of its own sometimes doing what yours does sometimes not even switching on at all. I usually just turn ign off,pull key out and try again and all is well until the next time. Theres no set pattern to it just does it occasionally so I'm not that bothered.

Mine doesn't play cd,s from the HU I always get CD error but it plays all from the CD changer ok.

Well I had a play with the CD cartridge in the boot area. This seems to have cured things. Perhaps the mechanism got stuck flagging up an error and causing a general shut down of the system. Who knows? Skoda move in mysterious ways.

I like the car as a car - but I'm not happy with its reliability. Since June when I bought it its never been right. I'm still running around without an AC compressor. Its only done 80,000 miles which is nothing these days for a modern car.

Sigh..... I feel your pain. Well, I did. so far the "fix or repair daily" has been far more solid. Within weeks of picking up the Octy I had tapping heater flaps, whistling windows, drop link failure, popping radio, noisy tappets and flaking wheel paint.

• Like 1

It does seem that Stream/Stream MP3 are particularly weak units. My Stream always started to play up if it had been on a long time (longest was about 8 hours with a 10 min break), or had got very warm. So could have been a thermal issue.

Have changed up for a better unit now, so far no problems at all. Have kept my Stream MP3 for when the car goes and I can take my nice H/U with me :) :)

Why when vag can't produce a working car for him would he go back?

The OP has had a catalogue of issues with his derv octavia

IMHO he needs a change!