Fabia VRS Engine replacement required - 36K

rchhiba

Holy good god...... i just did not understand the extent of the issue with the Mk2 VRS....... Regarding the oil issue, I own a 2002 Honda Fireblade and hope (in the future) to change it for a 2008 onwards Fireblade.... but... there is also a random oil consumption issue with this model of Blade, now as with the VRS it is not all of the bikes but some of them are using 1 litre of oil every 1,000 miles. The biggest issue with all of this is the perception that you could be buying a pup, its like a game of russian roulette. Not good at all for the second hand values if the '' word '' gets out !

Edited by Hudson1
  • Like 1

Holy good god...... i just did not understand the extent of the issue with the Mk2 VRS....... Regarding the oil issue, I own a 2002 Honda Fireblade and hope (in the future) to change it for a 2008 onwards Fireblade.... but... there is also a random oil consumption issue with this model of Blade, now as with the VRS it is not all of the bikes but some of them are using 1 litre of oil every 1,000 miles. The biggest issue with all of this is the perception that you could be buying a pup, its like a game of russian roulette. Not good at all for the second hand values if the '' word '' gets out !

Unfortunately, the word is already 'out'.

I knew what I was getting into and always expected to take a depreciation 'hit' on the vRS. I could have bought a safer bet in terms of depreciation but it wouldn't have been the car I wanted.

Let's face it, buying a car is rarely an investment.

• Like 1

is that a skoda dealership looks nothing like the workshops my car got a new bit of engine ?

It's a dealerships 2nd workshop... Fully kitted out but my car isn't being worked on yet so is sat in the corner next to an old ramp I believe

Got my car back on Friday after engine replacement, done 250 miles since picking it up and seems fine so far. Emailed Skoda Customer Services on Friday asking them to extend the warranty for another 60K free of charge, Got a call back this morning and the lady I spoke to took all the details of the the service history of the car from me and advised they are looking into the request.

• 2 weeks later...

But people still buy them, so not that many people are in the know! :)

Mr.Sunroof - thought you got one ages ago?!

ha ha no money got tight...... then when some cash came in a VR6 engine was nabbed up and that went in the Jetta :)

Driving a mk1 octavia VRS atm, waiting for the funding to swing by to get the jetta back on the road.

• 1 year later...

Bump for anyone having issues with VW / Skoda / Seat /Audi

'Evil Miyagi'   might have pictures still of his engine.  The Broken one, not the replacement.

His required Replacing in the End.

A Spark Plug Breaking is not uncommon on the 1.4 TSI CAVE, and engines wrecked.

Rebuilding the Engine is ridiculous  due the the other problems with Bearings, Valves etc.

A Replacement engine from VW is not Expensive for the Manufacturer and the Labour Costs of the Engine Replaced 

are much less than the Rebuild of a Rather well used and worn Engine that actually has been Built Badly in the First Place,

with Engine Management & Component Issues.

Why the Spark Plug actually broke in the First place.

See post #35 for an idea of costs nearly 2 years ago of an Engine Replacement.

If a Warranty Company is Paying to buy an engine, 

then that New Engine comes with a 2 Year Warranty.

It it often the case that Extended Warranty Underwriters are saying, 

VW knew of the Issues and are not prepared to pay and say the VW / Skoda / Seat / Audi should.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Edited by goneoffSKi