Door open fault/alarm going off!

Hi guys. I have read other posts about simular problems on here but now im stuck!

I have a 2008 Fabia. The alarm started going off and showing a door open on the dash, even driving it would show the door open symbol and make a sound with the interior light on. After using ross tech I pin pointed it to be the contact switch on the passenger door.

After some trial and error I found pins 7 and 8 would display the door open symbol when short, so I extracted the pins from the connector, taped the ends and plugged it all back together.

I am still getting the same fault with the lock connector removed. Ross tech shows the passenger door to be opened.

So my question is, could the wiring be damaged in the loom? Has anyone else had the same as me? Many thanks.

Hi guys thanks for the reply. The micro switches I believe are inside the lock unit, I havn't looked inside yet to swap them round. Good idea thow.

When I open the door the interior light was coming on and off. Ive disconnected the microswitch and ross tech is still saying the door is open and closed. Weird