Shell fuel shortage?

looby

I live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and all the Shell garages around here for the last few months always seem to low on fuel. Over the last few weeks it seems to have become far more acute with them going for days with no fuel at all. Is this a localised issue or are other people having the same problem in the South East?

The Shell that I use (Swindon) has had the diesel nozzles on a couple of pumps out-of-action for a couple of weeks or so, but OK other than that.

I would imagine a refinery closure would affect multiple brands, not just Shell. Maybe a local distributor issue?

Shell are busy converting a load of ex Total garages to there own, these then need supplying with fuel. Stevenage added two Shell garages in the last couple of weeks, so maybe they don't have enough tankers with all the new stations.

Confirmed by my local Shell yesterday.

They've taken over about 150 Total stations and are struggling with deliveries, even with help from agency drivers...

They were a few hours from running out of regular and V power unleaded.

Hadn't noticed to tell the truth.

Having used Shell V-Power for many years, I have done my last few fillups with BP Ultimate. 1p per litre cheaper, seems to give a tad more 'grunt' and a whisker better enonomy.

Shell are busy converting a load of ex Total garages to there own, these then need supplying with fuel. Stevenage added two Shell garages in the last couple of weeks, so maybe they don't have enough tankers with all the new stations.

Where in Stevenage; been a dirth of Shell in the area until now? I'm thinking Ken Brown/Kia dealership is one.

Hadn't noticed to tell the truth.

Having used Shell V-Power for many years, I have done my last few fillups with BP Ultimate. 1p per litre cheaper, seems to give a tad more 'grunt' and a whisker better enonomy.

Interesting, I usually find that BP is 1p/ltr MORE EXPENSIVE...

Interesting, I usually find that BP is 1p/ltr MORE EXPENSIVE...

I did a specific price check over two days of my local two shell and three BP stations (Borehamwood, Welwyn & Stevenage) and there was a consistent 1p diffence between V-Power vs. Ultimate with the Borehamwood stations being 1p more expensive than the Welwyn/Stevenage ones.

Only noticed this phenomenon for the first time yesterday, Shell in Fakenham had diesel on some pumps but not others, petrol on different pumps but not the ones with diesel. Drivers backing in and out of spaces in confusion as they tried to discover a pump dispensing their particular tipple.

Where in Stevenage; been a dirth of Shell in the area until now? I'm thinking Ken Brown/Kia dealership is one.

Both the ex. Alan Pond garages of years ago, so the one up by Wedgewood Way and the one on Lonsdale Road.

Stopped by the Shell station @ Elstree Way, Borehamwood 06:45hrs this morning to fill up.

No V-Power Diesel and only Regular (not FuelSave) Deisel otherwise. Topped up with 15L only, to get my points.

There was a Tanker delivering at the time and the forecourt attendant told me that they were only getting regular diesel and petol in that delivery. He didn't know when he might get some V-Power diesel.

Will have to get a tankfull of BP ultimate tomorrow.

In the Leatherhead area (including the new services on the M25) I've come across a few Shell stations selling "Shell Regular". It's not a patch on Shell Fuel Save. My car had the acceleration of a cruise ferry after filling up with that stuff.

In the Leatherhead area (including the new services on the M25) I've come across a few Shell stations selling "Shell Regular". It's not a patch on Shell Fuel Save. My car had the acceleration of a cruise ferry after filling up with that stuff.

Good job I only put 15 L in this morning. :giggle: