Air Con & Recirculation Buttons Not Working

My dad lives in wibsey I live in cleckheaton but drive through Bradford everyday lol ill look out for you when I'm about mate

Yes when I saw you last Saturday was last time in the car( I had a bike crash on black ice ,so still heeling !) on my way to work

I believe the reversing sensor and A/C controls are very closely related. If you have the A/C on normally when you put it in reverse it automatically changes to re-circ mode so that you don't suck through your own exhaust fumes when reversing through them. Something quite a few VAG cars do I believe. When you drive away forward it goes back to A/C mode. This sounds like as a safety measure if your reverse switch is broken your A/C control unit doesn't know if its in reverse or not so may refuse to operate at all. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I believe the reversing sensor and A/C controls are very closely related. If you have the A/C on normally when you put it in reverse it automatically changes to re-circ mode so that you don't suck through your own exhaust fumes when reversing through them. Something quite a few VAG cars do I believe. When you drive away forward it goes back to A/C mode. This sounds like as a safety measure if your reverse switch is broken your A/C control unit doesn't know if its in reverse or not so may refuse to operate at all. Hope this helps.

Good point. Will put it onto reverse and try the buttons again.