Electric Mirror Switch

Looks like I have knocked my electric mirror switch, and it has popped out of the housing and 'dropped' into the door trim.

I can still get to the switch, but it is difficult to get much purchase on it with the size of the hole, and the size of the switch top/size of my fingers.

I presume if I can get hold of it properly it will just click back into position?

It doesn't look like the housing is that easy to remove as it includes the door handle.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Anyone else not that keen on the feeling of the switch when you turn it to the heated position, always feels like I've broken it to me. :think:

Yep. It's a stupid set up for the heated mirrors on so many levels.

• Like 1

Anyone else not that keen on the feeling of the switch when you turn it to the heated position, always feels like I've broken it to me. :think:

Thought it was just me! -The 1 on my blackline seems a little better than my 1.4TSI, but it's still pritty poor compared with the quality and feel of all the other switches. The 1 on my 1.4 was far stiffer switching to the heater setting and back and I always thought it was going to break every time I used it. I was going to ask the dealer to look at it but never got round to doing so before I part - ex'd it for the beast. The only good thing I've found is that the actual result when you switch them on is very good and clears them in seconds.... :)

I agree the switch feels horrid. I recently had an Audi A3 hire car, and although the switch had basically the same in function, it felt sooooooo much nicer.

The Audi switch is not located in the same place, otherwise I would have been tempted to change mine.

I guess they have to have some differences between an Audi and a Skoda!

Yep me too, not to the quality of the other switch gear.

I must admit I've not been particularly impressed with the heat of the mirrors either. I used to turn the mirrors on in the Fabia in the rain to keep the mirrors clear on the motorway & they were warm enough to keep them almost bone dry. On the Octy they melt frost ok, but stay very wet...

I must confess that I switch my heated mirrors on in the autumn and off again in the spring! Four winters on and they still work perfectly. I wondered if the would fail eventually, but my wife's MGF has them on permanently (presumably to save money on the switch!) and they still work after 12 years and 80,000 miles. I guess they switch off once warm anyway. BTW, a few other people drive my Octy on occasions, but so far not one of them has adjusted the mirrors...