Rotherz Project Vrs

Rotherz

Thought id start my own progress thread on here seen as ive decided to spend some money now on the VRS.

So i started the search around september last year for the Vrs and finally found one for sale at a fiat dealer in oldham manchester, being fairly local i had a quick drive down and had a look over the car and instantly noticed that this was no standard Vrs.

After a quick test drive and sorting out the important factors such as the final price, i decided i had to have it.

after getting her home and being able to give the car a proper once over i noticed that the previous owner had fully pollybushed the car and lowered it on (from what i can remember) apex springs.

After searching though plenty of receipts that also came with the car theres been some extensive money spent on a re-map (i presume) and some other bits from awesome gti (im not sure what was bought as they are just card receipts)

After the first clean...

7eb19cc9.jpg

8c726a69.jpg

Then the modifying started, soon after the headlights got tinted and the grille sprayed and most importantly the coilovers.

fabvrs.jpg

f5d353a4.jpg

Was happy with the way the car sat at this point, Suitably low for the roads around my area ahaha!

After this i decided the standard head unit wasnt good enough, well mainly cos i broke the ******

So took a vist to the local halfords and purchased this little bluetooth number....

c82101c7.jpg

As you can see from the photo i had to do some modifying to the the surround around it properly located (more Updated photo to follow)

A quick shot of the underside of the Vrs when parked everyday...

c785b7d1.jpg

Then ive had around about a year with no modifying atall and some minor issues

The rear brake caliper seals decided they wanted to move out, and did, meaning a new calliper was required.

I then one very boring night at a friends garage decided to take an angle grinder to the cat, and welded in its place a piece of pipe from another project of ours.

This was all me going in hunt of the 'owl hoot' noise and running with the standard backbox im still searching aha!

Ive been in talks with a local company about getting some intercooler kits together (Pipes, cores, noses) There looking at a cost price for us guys of around £300 which for a complete kit seems a fantastic price compared to the forge kits ive been looking into.

Plans for this weekend are to fit HIDs properly to the car, and plumb in a boost gauge.

Few bits achieved this week.

Finished my double din surround

573F8167-CC5C-40FA-946F-523670D607D3-9733-000001CBA7D132A9.jpg

Then headed down to my friends work to have a winter clean, don't have any before photos unfortunately.. But here's the results

Passenger seat:

CCF4A23D-D85C-4D72-BA16-D1F5327B200B-9733-000001CBAECE59BD.jpg

Drivers and passengers

41AE26F7-F58C-4556-819B-CA972D0D59ED-9733-000001CBC3502297.jpg

Rear bench

7D750C35-FE9E-4DB8-B17A-176E0639633A-9733-000001CBCA90C3CB.jpg

Exterior mid clean:

2FD81E55-D338-4F2E-A0D4-04A6F3C20075-9733-000001CBD1CBF76B.jpg

The iPhone photos really don't do the seats justice but the inside valet bay lighting didn't help either.

Ill throw some more photos up when it stop raining.

Comments as always welcomed