Problem with main dealer service - pollen filter missed maybe more?

skippydoo

Picked my car up last week after a 60K main dealer service which included pollen and brake fluid change. When I got it back noticed the climate control smelt like an old vacuum cleaner. I had a look at the pollen filter and as expected given the smell they had not changed it. Filter was grey in parts, with various dried up insect parts in the folds.

Is there any way to find out if the brake fluid has been changed, it was 20k/2 years since last done. I know on diesel the oil is black within a few miles so cant really check that.

Taking car back to main dealer tomorrow.

You can tell through the feel of the brakes. They will feel a lot more responsive. I know the times I've got the car back after it was changed I've come up to the exit from the garage and nearly hit my face against the wheel :)

And I've also caught main dealers cheating with work that should have been done but hadn't.

Care to name and shame the dealer? This sort of practice is a disgrace.

Sure will if I don't get satisfaction tomorrow. Spoke with service manager who needs to look at the filter, but says the replacement parts was booked out for the job, so will see what transpires. Thanks

You can tell through the feel of the brakes. They will feel a lot more responsive. I know the times I've got the car back after it was changed I've come up to the exit from the garage and nearly hit my face against the wheel :)

And I've also caught main dealers cheating with work that should have been done but hadn't.

They did feel a bit different on the motorway tonight, thanks. Really annoyed as I have tried most round here and thought I'd found the best. Peed off now.