Drivers door won't open

Hi folks. I'm looking for a bit of help here. Tonight I tried to open the drivers door of my Octavia and although the external handle pulled out okay the door refused to open. I gave up and went in the passenger door to try the release handle from inside but no luck...I tried the internal locking button on the centre console (press/release) but no luck and there feels as if there is a bit of resistance from the internal drivers door release handle...as if some connector rod or something may have snapped inside.....anyway....does anyone know where I should start about getting to the root of the problem...obviously the door is closed so taking off the door panel doesnt appear to be an option....or is there some kind of emergency catch or something similar to whats in the boot (its an estate) that can get the tailgate open from the inside...any help would be appreciated or I'll be limboing in and out of the car for the forseeable! Thanks in advance.

I've recently had similar on mine (it took almost 5 weeks to sort). On mine it ended up being a wiring fault, however the first thing that the garage changed was the door lock actuators - it might be similar. They had to reset the thermal cut-out as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies folks. Christmas kind of got in the way! Anyways....turned the key in the lock manually left and right several times and the door opened. So I now have a door that opens and closes and the central locking works on all the doors.....except the drivers door....it now wont lock either with the key or with the fob although it sounds as if it has...when you open the door the alarm goes off......any ideas what this could be or is it best to bite the bullet and just put it into a skoda dealer who probably deals with this kind of issue day in day out. Many thanks in advance....

Unless someone comes along with a definative cause as against a list of probables & unless you have time on your hands to work through them I would say a decent dealer sounds the way to go

Edited by Stuart_J

Thanks for the reply. Yeh you're probably right....Someone else had suggested that it may be a wiring fault which is a no no for me..time and weather also against me (west of Scotland)....rain rain rain....I'll leave it for the moment and get it booked in after new year. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.