Warranty Claim?

My Octavia is now 2 years old with only 9k on the clock.

Recently noticed that the chrome trim line on top of gear knob is starting to peel and has a sharp edge.

Is it worth trying to claim under warranty?

Yes, your car is in warranty.

9,000 miles is not enough to wear out a gear knob. Clearly a manufacturing defect unless there is something you might have done to damage it?

I do recall a similar complaint on here but can't find the thread.

Either way this should be a free-of-charge repair.

They will claim it is from your wedding ring rubbing, assuming you wear one, so take it off before you walk in the dealer. Mine was going to be repaced under warranty and the new part came in but I decided to change my car so never had it done. It's not uncommon for this to be rejected as a warranty claim.

Thanks lads, appreciate your rapid responses, appears to be a minor complaint but there is risk of cutting fingers on it, never wear my wedding ring so no issues there.

• 3 months later...

Popped into my dealer with this exact same problem this morning, chrome flaking on the front left corner on the gearknob leaving a sharp edge, while not sharp enough to cut me its still annoying evertime i change gear.

The dealer was great, as soon as the told the guy on the serivice desk he just said "seen a few before, i'll order you a new one under warranty", wasn't even bothered about actually looking at my car, just asked the mileage (30300) and that was it. New knob should be in next week. :)