Bloody misfire

Meh, went out tonight in it let it warm up nicely then gave it a good blast. Didn't miss a beat, so tomorrow I imagine it will be fault codes wrote down then cleared and on ya bike ya get.

Haha, always the way mate! Like pitt8ull said get them to do some datalogs and if they know what they're doing they'll see for themselves what's happening

Don'tlet them just read the codes. 90% of the misfires my car had wernt stored on the Ecu to be read later, showed as a light on the dash or be felt when driving. They MUST live log it to see them.

Totally agree with this. Dealer only told me on my third return after the engine replacement that the misfire i had been telling them about had registered on the ECU, despite the waring lights coming on. Mind you, on this final occasion one of the plugs removed from the engine was just like Evil Miyagi's above. Apparently the engine will be fine because the electrode will have been 'vaporised'.

The only misfires I've noticed have had the engine management light. We will see I'll leave a note asking them to check all the above, they are always good with me. I'm leaving my old plugs incase I do need new ones as they are miles cheaper on fleabay

Ok all the fault codes have been read and recorded, not cleared. The garage (really helpful) are checking all things obvious first then are going to contact revo about this. Then in the meantime awaiting their response I will be taking the car to hopefully be updated at the dealership and problem rectified, or further investigated.

Now the car has been updated. Lost all revo software, car drives really nice but feels totally different to how it was. Now I'm in two minds to keep it as it is and lose the cost of the revo or go get it put back on. My main concern is that if I do get it back on will it sit along side my vw update or does it completely override it. Cause surely for the car to stay accessible by vw it must still have certain elements left on the ecu?

This is what I'm thinking sy so I have emailed revo as for once they are being helpful and I'm pressing to find out what version there map is at. But saying that I have no idea what version my oem map is running at now :-/ I have rang awesome and are looking at go apr currently. Might be costly as I will have to get a cruise stalk fitted.

This is what I'm thinking sy so I have emailed revo as for once they are being helpful and I'm pressing to find out what version there map is at. But saying that I have no idea what version my oem map is running at now :-/ I have rang awesome and are looking at go apr currently. Might be costly as I will have to get a cruise stalk fitted.

you dont need the cruise stalk for APR. If you havent got the cruise stalk, you will just receive the one map be it 95 0r 98 ron dependant on your needs. All the stalk does is allow you to run multiple maps and swich between them.

If you have the receipt for you REVO im pretty sure you will get that 50% discount from APR for the change.

you dont need the cruise stalk for APR. If you havent got the cruise stalk, you will just receive the one map be it 95 0r 98 ron dependant on your needs. All the stalk does is allow you to run multiple maps and swich between them.

If you have the receipt for you REVO im pretty sure you will get that 50% discount from APR for the change.

Yea I got my receipt, I have spoke to the awesome guys at awesome and they also quoted me to fit the cruise so I can swap maps. They are asking apr directly what they would do me it for coming from revo so fingers crossed. If it is half price and they said £145 for a cruise stalk fitted (seems cheap) ill be going apr!

Ok so cars brilliant now, just going to give it a few 100miles then I am chasing up and updated revo file for the car. If this is right the new firmware should be based on the current firmware that vw update the ecu with to cure the misfire.