Weston Super Mare Meet No17: Sat 23rd and Sun 24th March 2013

Tigger_1979

I am only getting my car back 2 days before this, so I am not feeling the drive out over Exmoor like usual. I may well be mollycoddling the car around in "test mode" and will probably bail the sunday drive out to go home and see if I can arrange a session of live mapping with my mapper in advance of the trackday the following week.....

I am only getting my car back 2 days before this, so I am not feeling the drive out over Exmoor like usual. I may well be mollycoddling the car around in "test mode" and will probably bail the sunday drive out to go home and see if I can arrange a session of live mapping with my mapper in advance of the trackday the following week.....

dont be a wuss, and get driving..... If I get my new car just before castle combe, it will still go round the track :p

• Like 1

I'm now not going to be going on the drive on the Sunday unfortunately

Basically my mapper is worried about me doing a trackday the following Thursday with my old mapping on the new turbo, so I have reserved Sunday as that day for some live mapping tweaks. I will be staying for the lashup and a full english the next day, but I'll be heading home about 10 or 11. I'm sure you guys are familiar enough with the route to not need me there. :)

Yeah, but sadly mapping and my car's safety under power is paramount. I am going to run some logs, and if my mapper comes up with a file late Friday night, I might load it on and then delay the Saturday arrival until the evening, as I would rather go on the drive, than tour the cider farms.

I'm offering the wheels and tyres, as I'm keeping the winters on for the meet! lol...

Many a true word said in jest ....... :think: :rofl:

UK Outlook for Saturday 23 Mar 2013 to Monday 1 Apr 2013:

Turning more unsettled for this weekend and next week, with cloudy, wet and windy weather affecting most areas at times, although the far northeast may remain brighter with a few snow showers at first. In central and northern regions of the UK, snow is likely for a time this weekend, with a risk of blizzards in strong easterly winds. Through the last days of March and the beginning of April, it is likely to remain changeable with showers or longer spells of rain for most, generally heaviest towards the southwest. Further snow is possible at times in central and northern areas and it will often be windy, especially towards the north and west. Temperatures will tend to remain below average, but perhaps gradually return nearer to normal in southern Britain.

OK - It looks like now I will miss most of the Saturday, but in theory it will be worth it as my car "should" have on a much better map to suit the new turbo. I will be there for the evening stuff. I wouldn't miss that or the hangover for the world! :D

• Like 1

so that means you will be doing sunday as well?

If mapping goes well, then yes. We shall have to see. Will be a very short term decision either way. I'm also going down with a bit of the lurgy now too, so great timing.... :D