Weston Super Mare Meet No17: Sat 23rd and Sun 24th March 2013

Tigger_1979

It's the WSM Weekender and its heading our way soon Sat 23rd to Sun 24th March 2013, as I like the format of the last few meets I have decided to keep things exactly the same :p

Saturday will be spending the day at Weston Super Mare, miniature Railway, Pier and Beach and Sunday will be similar to an old favourite of mine the BRTTS meet, a casual drive along the north Coast road of Devon, including Porlock Hill, a nice posh lunch, and some twisty Exmoor roads. ;)

Saturday

The plan this time is for Everyone to meet at Weston Sea Front Car Park by the miniature railway about 10:00am

and of course the usual pre meet Convoys

from the North, Easton Gordano Services (Junction 19 M5) at 9:00am

- can leave at 9:15am for a casual drive down to the beach

from the south, Exeter Services (formally Granada services) at 9:00am

- Can leave at 9.15am for a leisurely cruise up the motorway

We will all park for the whole day on the sea front and people can spend the day with us or do there own thing.

First I plan a casual stroll along the sea front to spend a couple of hours on the pier.

We can all grab fish and chips on the Pier or you can decide to bring a packed lunch to eat on the pier/beach, after this is a casual walk back to the cars

About 3pm I plan a trip to 2 Cider Farms, West Croft Cider and then Rich's Cider Farmhouse.

People staying for the weekend or can stay late can then join in with the Brean Caravan activities where they have an on site bar/pub grub or can bring along a local takeaway.

If you do plan to stay for the weekend please arrange your caravans/caravan shares through Beachside Holiday Park http://www.beachsideholidaypark.co.uk/ I have no links with them so cant promiss you a caravan if you dont book a bed quick.

Sunday

Departure time will depend on what I say the night before, I will assume we will leave the caravan site about 9:30am.

The Main activity today will be driving the lovely Exmoor

We will then make a couple of short stops at the Skoda Graveyard (probably closed), Minehead, and Porlock Hill, before stopping for a posh nosh 2pm (time may change) lunch at The Culbone, http://www.theculbone.com/

After lunch a nice casual drive via Lynton and Lydmouth, Simonsbath, Dunster

And finally Sunday night we will end up back at the Caravan site, as there is bound to be a few people staying in Caravans on the Sunday night as well.

Edited by Tigger_1979

Hmmm, depends if you prefer a Weston Super Mare day out, or a drive down from Brean, across Exmoor and back to Minehead. :) I usually detour just south of Dunster and turn right to head to Tiverton anyway - Nice road following the meandering Exe.

Cool - we usually meet at Brean holiday park mentioned in first post. Drive to Minehead, Porlock Toll Road, to lynton area, down to Simonsbath and back toward Dunster. But I'm usually the only one who heads south so I turn right for Tiverton, to get the M5 back to Exeter way, and the others all head back to Minehead to head back north,